{16} Deadly Contract

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I ignore yet another call from Grayson. I felt bad that I had been ignoring him for almost two weeks. I made excuses to postpone our weekly meetings. Made excuses on why we couldn't go out to eat to make up for those blow-offs. But I'd feel guiltier pretending like nothing happened when something has.

I fucking killed Grayson's best friend and when I did it I didn't even flinch. I killed Trevor in a house full of his house. And prostitutes. I wore contacts and I had gotten a tan. Those bitches were too traumatized that they gave them a description that doesn't fit me. But I'm still scared some know what he did and that they might suspect me.

Stop it, Evelyn. It's been a month and a half. No one knows.

"Uhm, Miss?" My assistant knocks on my door as she opens it. I look up from my computer and look at her. "Yes?" I ask. "Mr. Valor was asking for you. I put him on hold." Of course. "Tell him im busy." She nods and she closes my office door behind her as she leaves. I dont know what i've gotten myself into. What the hell was I thinking giving into the need to have a relationship with Grayson?

I mean how dumb am I? I went down on him right before I find out I basically ruined his life.

He ruined mine.

I let out an exhausted sigh and go back to work. I organize files and answer emails to our already business partners. Then I reach an email from a redacted user I don't recognize so I open it.

REDACTED

Subject:...

You need to stay away. It's not as simple as it seems. Watch you're back.

I know what you did. You've made many mistakes in your life. How can you sleep knowing you've killed over twenty people?

I flinch and close out of the email tab. "Shit." I reach for my phone and call my dad. "Dad?" I breathe into the phone. "Yes?" I swallow and try to contain my mini panic attack. "I need you to get someone to trace down the sender of the email I just forwarded to you. It's...concerning." Seconds pass by with no words. I hear him click the mouse off his computer then I hear his breath catch.

"I'll call you later I need to get someone on this." He hangs up on me and I sit back in my chair. I need to trust that he will get to the bottom of this. It's going to be fine. "You seem frustrated." I gasp. My eyes land on the large figure at my door. "I tried to call you but the line was busy-" My assistant pleads out of breath. "Just- whatever, just go." I wave her off and she leaves.