{17} Addict

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Oh god. What did I just do?

I hop off my office desk and tug my dress down to its normal length. My eyes fall on Grayson who was still breathing heavily while putting his belt back on. I turn around and lean forward, my arms planted on my desk. I just had sex with the one man I should be getting away from. 

"Don't tell me you're already regretting it." Grayson sighs. I turn around and look up at him. "Im not. Im just-" Someone knocks on my office door and my body turns into stone. Grayson and I share a look before I make my way to the office door. As I walk to the door I tug my dress down feeling the need to be fully covered suddenly. I also brush my hair out of my face and try flatting it. 

"Doing that won't get rid of your flushed face-" I turn my head to Grayson with my hand on the doorknob. "Just please shut up." I pull the door open and as if my day couldn't get worse I face Jessica. "Jess." She immediately spots Grayson and she rolls her eyes. "What's he doing here and why is your office on privacy?" 

I swallow.

"What do you need Jessica?" I step out of my office and close the door behind me. "You wouldn't pick up the phone and I needed you. Or someone else did that I had to deal with." She explains crossing her arms. "What were you two doing exactly?" She squints turning the conversation. "Who needed me?" I throw the change back at her.

"You know when you used to actually want and make friends?" I roll my eyes. "Well, remember that one best friend that you had but she ended up moving because her parents dragged her away for some unknown reason." I furrow my brows. "Kathelyn?"

Kathelyn. My best friend that I made after Grayson left. We had so much in common. Our dads wanted us to be something we didn't want to be. Our parents wanted us to thrive as a leader of the family. We wanted to live a normal quiet life. We both never got that.

Kathelyn's dad was involved in some black market underground mafia. Our family didn't know that until about a year after Kathelyn moved away. Her dad got into some trouble, stole some stuff from some very dangerous and powerful people, and disappeared off the face of the earth. I wanted to try reaching out but my duties to the company never allowed me the time.

"Yeah well, she's back in town and her first stop was at the house. I guess she had connections to find where we lived." Jessica finishes. "But yeah I told her to come back tomorrow since you wouldn't pick up your damn phone." She tilts her head.

"Why is your office in private?" I glare at her. "For privacy."  Jessica rolls her eyes. "You know I know that. But for what?" My heart is beating like crazy. "Jessica stop hinting at things." She just stares at me. "If you ever did something with Grayson your stupid. All he wants from girls is a good fuck." My heart shrivels up. "I mean did you hear the things he was doing after he left?" I shake my head.