Prologue

-

-

"Who hurt her?" Oliver chuckled. We were in recess when Phoebe Monroe walked past us with her girl friends.

"I don't know, man. But it seems like it was deep" I took a puff out of my cig, we were behind the school and visible to no teacher, not like they cared anyway.

 "Yeah" he laughed.

A beat of uncomfortable silence went by before Jacob spoke, "Truth or dare, Ry?" by the smirk on his face I knew that he had something planned, "Dare" I shot back confidently.

"Make her fall in love with you."

Oliver and Aaron whisteled and then howled. "The fuck, Jacob? That's a shitty ass thing to do" I furrowed my eyebrows. "C'mon Ry, two months. She says I love you and then you break her heart. You're used to it, man"

"I don't know..." I said quietly, something wasn't right about this.

"Don't tell me that our captain is a pussy" Avery laughed. I stood up, held him by the collar of his t-shirt and pinned him against the tree that he was resting on. "What did you call me?" I spoke through gritted teeth.

"N- Nothing" He gasped, I dropped him and walked away to where I was seating before, I sat down. "I'm not a pussy, she'll be head over heels for me in no time. Just you see"

"That's the Ryle I know" Jacob patted me in the back and chuckled, I chuckled with him.

"Remember, tomorrow we have training until seven" I reminded them, changing the topic. "Yeah, yeah, we know" Oliver rolled his eyes.

"What you gon' do about Summer?"

"She's not leaving me be, gotta tell her the hard way that we ain't nothing"

"My man gotta be free for Phobes" Jacob teased, I rose a brow. "Phobes?" I questioned his nickname for my objective. "Heard her friends calling her that" he shrugged.

This was gonna be a hell of a senior year.

-

-

There was this new girl, I don't know her name but she sat on mine and my friends lunch table. My lunch table.

"Excuse you" I tapped her shoulder. "What?" she asked, confused. I laughed.

"Get your pretty little ass outta' here." I gave her a death stare, she gulped. "N-no"

Well, she was lacking confidence.

"No?" I stared at her with disgust, another girl which I don't know very well came over and dragged her out. I shot her a sarcastic smile and sat down, my girl friends did too.

Our lovely short silence was interrupted by Ryle West, captain of the hockey team and his friends as they strolled into the canteen laughing, like they were the only people on earth. I rolled my eyes and focused on my food. "That's a glow up if I've ever seen one" Ava breathed, I scoffed. 

"Ryle West, really? Aren't you with his buddy?" I questioned. "Yeah, I'm just saying that Ryle's had a hell of a glow up, can't a girl admire a man's beauty?"

I chuckled and put some more of my salad into my mouth, "It's shocking how many people had a glow-up this year"

"Yeah, Ryle is the hottest though. Summer can't get her hands off of him, it's painful to watch" Lily said with a scoff and a fake wince at the end.

"Please tell me that ya'll aren't falling for Ryle West" I chuckled in denial. "We're not, but he's hot, Phobes. You gotta give it to him" Julia licked her lips and I rolled my eyes yet again. 

This was gonna be a hell of a senior year.