Chapter 1 - Phoebe

-

-

The bell rang and as I was packing my stuff, I overheard Ryle's conversation with Miss. Watson.

"West, I'm worried about your grades" she sighed. I heard some shuffling so I assumed that she was packing her things. "English is really hard, y'know?"

"I'll have someone tutor you, you're gonna fail the year and that wont look good for the university of your choice"

"I don't need to be good to get in, I have enough money." he shot back aggressively. I rolled my eyes and repressed a scoff, I hate snobs. "Too bad 'cause it's happening either way"

Just as I was about to open the door to leave, Miss Watson called out for me; "Phoebe?"

I put on my best fake smile and turned to her, "Yes?"

Please don't make me tutor him, please don't make me tutor him.

"You're gonna tutor Ryle over here"

Fuck my life.

"Is it an order?" I tried my best to not sound passive-aggressive, I think I failed. "Yes" she shot me a death glare and I sighed. "Okay" I left the class and headed towards my locker, where my girl friends were waiting for me. 

"How was english?" Lily asked as I opened my locker, I scoffed. "I have to tutor Ryle" I sighed, all of them gasped and I rolled my eyes.

"He's a self-centered, man-whore snob who only cares about himself and--" I started, Lily started muttering my name through gritted teeth and I rose a brow, "Why are you making that face?" I asked as I closed my locker.

"So that's what you really think of me, huh?" Ryle West spoke from behind me, a low chuckle escaped his lips and I turned around with no remorse whatsoever. "Mhm" I hummed, when I tried to leave he stood in front of me, I shot him a death glare and the girls all walked off.

Fake bitches.

"I need your number if you're gonna tutor me, Pho" he tried to be seductive yet all his words were making me feel nauseous. "Wow, real smooth, Ryle. Let me break it to you, if you have so much money, hire your own tutor." I spat.

"You heard Watson, you don't have a choice" I wanted to wipe that smug smirk out of his face. "I don't give a fuck about what Watson said, leave me be"

I tried to walk off but he prevented me from doing so again. "What?" I scoffed annoyed as I rolled my eyes. "Aren't you here on a scholarship? This could cost you, y'know?"