Chapter 3 - Toodles!

-

-

When I parked my car I saw Phoebe getting off another guy's motorcycle, he had a bunch of tattoos and was older than us, he was preventing me from completing the dare. I had to gain Phoebe's trust so she would tell me who he was and how she felt about him.

This dare was extremely more difficult than what I thought, she's a mean bitch. It would be easier if it was literally any other girl, but no.

However, something about her intrigued me, when she babysat Mia and Connor I realized that there was so much that I didn't know about her, what was her home life like, how was she when she was herself.

"Ry-Ry! There you are!" Summer giggled as she ran towards me, I saw Phoebe roll her eyes and go inside, I locked my car, moved Summer to the side so I could be free to go and ran after her.

"Hey" I panted as I ruffled my hair, "What." she basically demanded. "Someone's in a pissy mood" I teased her. "Your dad wasn't in a pissy mood yesterday" she spat.

I stood still, had she...

Then suddenly, she bursted out laughing. Her laugh was something like nothing else and I don't know why, maybe because it went from being silent to loud every other second, maybe because how she would be basically on the floor or maybe because of that slight hint of water forming in her eyes. Either way, it was extremely contagious.

I let out a chuckle which turned to a low-key laugh, people were staring, but if anyone dared to say anything they would quite literally be knocked out, by me or by Phoebe.

After a few minutes her laughter died down and so did mine with her. "What was so funny?" I wiped the water out of my eyes. "Your-- Your face when I-- when you thought that I-- slept with your--" she breathed, recovering from her fit of laughter.

"Ah, I get it. Anyone told you that you're not funny?"

"C'mon, I'm fucking hilarious" she hit my arm playfully, we both realized how we were acting and became who everyone saw us as;

Me, the popular, rich captain of the hockey team with a queue of girls behind him and her, the mean, drop-dead stunning girl who everyone respected out of fear. Somehow, I just knew that that wasn't who she truly was.

Maybe this dare wasn't so bad after all.

"Who was that guy that dropped you off?" I asked, she looked at me like I was dirt under her shoe. "None of your business, dickass", I chuckled.

"Dickass?" I questioned, "Yeah, you're a dick and an ass, it's like the remix" she smiled smugly which caused me to chuckle, we were now near the lockers when the bell rang.

"What do you have now?" I asked, our lockers were next to each other so we could still talk. "Math with Mr. Mathews" she spoke, her voice soft, angelic.

"Looks like you won't be getting rid of me for the next two hours" I winked at her, she slammed her locker closed and rolled her eyes. I shut my locker closed and then stood next to her.

-

-

"Ry-Ry! There you are!" The known whore of the year came running towards Ryle, she hugged him by his waist and I rolled my eyes, she gave me a side eye and I gave her a death glare. Who does she think she is?

Ryle scoffed and I walked off, I had a class to get to and while in a full scholarship you cannot afford to be late.

I waved at the teacher and then sat down on my regular spot; the back of the class next to the window. That spot was perfect, if it was hot I'd open the windows and if it was cold I had the heater near me, but not that near where I would die if it was turned on.

After a few minutes class started, Ryle had not come in and I wondered what had happened to him. Half into the class the principal walked in, called my name and told me to meet him in his office, I was scared shitless.

As soon as I opened the door to his office there was Summer, crying with her mascara smudged. "Take a seat, Phoebe" the principal spat. I looked between the both of them with curiosity and fear. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"Summer told me that you... called her a whore, spat at her, hit her and told her that she was an uhm... ugly ass bitch. I apologize for the language, it was what I was told. Care to explain?" he rose a brow. Summer had her little fit of jealousy and now I could maybe be removed of my scholarship, if this was all because of that dickass Ryle I would spit at her.

"I-- I don't even know what to say, Mr. Madden. I never did or would do that, I've been a stellar student ever since I started here as a freshman" I tried my best to keep my calm but it was difficult.

"Well, Summer came crying to my office and as you sure know, we do not tolerate bullying here. So, either the both of you fix it, or I'll have to reread the terms of your scholarship"

That shit right there? Made me absolutely piss my fucking pants.

"No, Mr. Madden. We'll talk outside, there'll be no need for that" she smiled smugly at me and I had an idea about what this was really about.

Summer stood up and I followed her outside, I closed the door and stared at her with a shocked face. "What the actual fuck, Summer?" I whisper-yelled.

"It's that easy to have your scholarship removed, you may be wondering--" she started but I interrupted her. "Spit it out." I demanded, my words laced with hatred.

"Stop talking to Ryle and you won't have to say bye-bye to this high school" she said proudly, these rich kids would never know how important this stuff was, they always had it available and never had to worry about getting a job or if there would be dinner for everyone.

"Look, I don't give a fuck about Ryle, okay? We're just talking because Miss. Watson is making me tutor him, alright? He's all yours, Summer"

"Then why does he ditch me when he's with you?" she asked, I shrugged. "No clue, all I'm doing is what I am forced to."

She switched her understanding face to a bitchy one. "Well, still. You're talking to him, to my Ry-Ry. So you either stop that or I get your scholarship removed, deal?" she extended her arm so we would shake our hands, sealing our agreement.

"Are you seriously blackmailing me now?" I chuckled in disbelief, "if that's what it takes" she shrugged, never putting her arm away. "Looks like you got yourself a deal, Summer" I shook her hand and she smiled, I watched as pride took over her.

"Follow me" she said, I did so and we entered the office again. "All is good, Mr. Madden. It was just a bit of a misunderstandment." she spoke

"Are you sure, Summer?" he confirmed. "Yes, yes. We have to go back to class now. Toodles!" she grinned as she left the office, I went to my class.