Chapter 4 - No hands

-

-

I lost two days, two whole fucking days because Phoebe started ignoring me, she blocked me on all social media and whenever I went near her she hid with her friends.

Meanwhile Summer has been more annoying than usual, she just does not seem to get the hint. Today she didn't come to school, texted me out of the blue that she will miss me but that she has a cold, I left her on read.

As I was heading towards the cafeteria for lunch I saw Phoebe putting her things away in her locker, I started walking towards her and she quickly shut the locker closed before speed-walking away. However, this time I would not let her ignore me.

I ran towards her and stopped her from running away by holding her wrist tight. By then the hallways were empty so it was just the two of us.

"What's your problem, Ryle?" She spat, I chuckled in disbelief.

"My problem? What's your problem, Pho?" I retorted, spite laced my words and she widened her eyes, I took it as a sign to continue. "You've been ignoring me for the past two days. Why." I demanded, I was not going to fool around.

"Let go of me and I'll tell you" she sighed in defeat, I let her go and much to my surprise she did not run away. "Uhm..." she started fidgeting with her fingers, I never saw this side of her, I never even knew that it existed.

"What is it?" I asked and I did not have to pretend to care, 'cause I already did. "Summer blackmailed me..." she said in between hushed whispers, as if something bad would happen to her. As if she was... scared.

Phoebe Monroe... scared? I never thought that I'd live to see the day.

I scoffed, I could not believe that Summer was so immature, childish and jealous to blackmail Phoebe. And for what? 'cause she talked to me? Another reason to hate Summer, the first one being that she doesn't understand what a one-time thing is.

"What." she demanded, going back to being her mean self. "Blackmailed you for what?" I asked in shock. "Talking to you, I told her that it was only because of the tutoring but she didn't give two fucks" Phoebe shrugged.

"I'll end her."

I saw red, this entitled ass slut thought that she could always have her ways. That with blackmailing someone here and there everything would be fine. That's not how the world works, she need to learn that either by the good or bad way, it has to be the bad way 'cause she's a dumb bimbo.

I didn't even realize that I had my fists balled up until Phoebe called out for me, her voice laced with worry. "Yeah?" I spoke.

Somehow, her voice was soothing, it calmed me down. Her voice grounded me, this never happened before.

"As much as I love having a ten in english for tutoring you, I rather have a nine or an eight over loosing my scholarship." she never rose her tone or spoke with hatred or resentment. Phoebe sounded... sweet?