Chapter 12 - You're you

"Come on, son

"Come on, son. Let's get you some rest, miss school today and sleep." it was the morning after the... accident, if you can even call it that. "No. I'm not leaving until she wakes up" 

"Fine, just... call Rob whenever you wanna head home"

"I will, dad. Thanks for taking care of her" I hugged him tight, "it's my job, kiddo" he ruffled my hair and I chuckled, then he left.

"Sophie's at school, has Noah come yet?" Elijah asked and I shook my head no, that night he didn't want to take Pho to a hospital but I told him that my dad would take care of it. Elijah agreed due to the fact that his sister was quite literally dying in front of us. Noah did not answer the phone yet.

That made me see red, we had called him non-stop all throughout the night and he could not be bothered. I mean fuck's sakes his sister almost died and he couldn't care less.

"Thanks for everything, man. Why don't you go take those bloody clothes off? Me and Noah will take care of it" Elijah placed his hand on my shoulder, I stared at it oddly enough before speaking up; "You're delusional if you think I'm going anywhere. I need to know if Phoebe's okay" I spoke firmly, "Let's make a deal, Noah comes and you go. It'll take the son of a bitch a good time" 

Finally a decent proposal, I smirked and shook his hand, "Deal."

-

"Where is she?!" Noah was panting as he ran inside the waiting room, I silently stood up. Noah stopped in front of me and spoke in confusion; "Wait, aren't you--" I interrupted him by punching him square in the face. "She almost died, imbecile. What a brother you are" I scoffed and just before Noah could land a punch on me Elijah prevented it from happening, "Look who has the audacity to show up." Elijah pushed Noah back a bit and all eyes where on them.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm here now" he whispered, "a 'sorry' isn't gonna cut it, you're her brother and she called you, imagine what would've happened if Bee didn't call him. He saved her life" Elijah lowered his voice but was not whispering. Noah shamefully looked down, "let me know when she wakes up"

I grabbed my stuff and after a few thankful nods I was out of the hospital and calling Rob -- the chauffeur -- to pick me up.

-