Chapter-14 ❀ Stay By My Side ❀

"This challenge is not greater than the love I have for you

"This challenge is not greater than the love I have for you. Trust me, I will safely navigate us through this, that's my unwavering promise." Abhirudra said to himself.

Amid a fast-flowing river's chaos, Abhirudra held Aisha tightly as they swayed in the strong current. The water was loud and seemed like it might break their connection. In the middle of this watery turmoil, Abhirudra looked for something to hold onto, and he spotted a big tree with a branch reaching over the wild stream.

With a determined look on his face, Abhirudra guided them toward the tree's branch, using all his strength against the strong water. The river's roar echoed as Abhirudra, in a triumphant moment, grabbed the branch, holding onto hope in the tough situation. Aisha, with her heart beating fast, held onto him, finding comfort in the strength of his arms.

Balancing on the swaying branch, Abhirudra faced the challenging journey to reach the riverbank. Every step felt like a battle against the strong current, but his determined spirit kept them moving forward. Aisha, filled with gratitude, clung to him with a mix of fear and trust, her eyes revealing the intensity of the situation. The river's struggle mirrored the complexities of their relationship—a journey filled with challenges.

With careful and slow movements, Abhirudra led them towards the riverbank. Getting closer, he stepped onto a stone outside the water and safely jumped out of the river with its help. They let out a sigh of relief, finally free from the dangerous waves of the raging river.

Aisha breathed deeply, her eyes teary as she remembered the scary moment. When she slipped and fell, she felt like it might be her last day. All she wanted was to see her family one more time. Even though she held onto a branch, climbing up the cliff seemed impossible.

Abhirudra's timely arrival gave her hope. She thought about letting go, believing no one would save her in such a place. It was tough— the branch was rough and scratched her hands. But then, like a hero in shining armor, Abhirudra came to rescue her. He was like her savior, doing her a huge favor. Looking at her bruised, wet hands, hurting more in contact with water, she understood that nothing mattered more than saving their lives.

Carefully surveying her surroundings, Aisha searched for an escape route, but the area was wild and deserted. Deep forests flanked both sides, with a narrow path ahead near the river where they were seated. She facepalmed internally.

 She facepalmed internally