chapter four

The twins and Enid were staring at Tyler and his dad arguing

The twins and Enid were staring at Tyler and his dad arguing. Wednesday and Enid struck a deal on the balcony, which led Wednesday to using her computer so that she can contact Tyler, who was the twins' ticket out of this place.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?"

"We trust that we can handle ourselves." Enid gave her goodbyes to the girls as Wednesday and Monday watched her walk away. Monday's gaze stopped short on Principal Weems, who was staring at the girls.

Without speaking, the twins walked away from the entrance, trying to find a way to lose Weems. They stopped at a booth with a bunch of stuffed pandas.

Wednesday picked up a dart and started to pop each ballon. "Jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking home a whole pack." Monday turned to her side to see Xavier, the young teen hummed at the sigh of him. The man sure did know how to dress.

"Pandas don't travel in packs. They prefer solitude." Monday replied, making Xavier nod "Alright, hint taken. Though I didn't except you two to be here."

"We're waiting for someone." Wednesday cut in, before Xavier could ask who, Tyler appeared behind Wednesday. "Didn't mean to interrupt." Monday furrowed her brows, glancing between the two boys, she could cut the tension with a butter knife.

"You're not."

Monday watched Xavier with curious eyes, she wanted to go after him, but Monday stayed by her sister's side. "This is gonna be trickier than I thought. Dad hit me with a curfew. We need to go if I'm gonna make it back in time."

  "I've got some dead weight I need to lose first." Wednesday said, giving Principal Weems a glance "Meet me behind the parking lot when the fireworks start." 

   Tyler nodded, walking away away from the twins. The booth owner handed Wednesday her prize. "You see that sad, lonely woman over there?" Monday asked, nodding over to Weems, the owner nodded "She needs this pathetic validation more than we do."

  Wednesday grabbed twenty bucks out of her pocket, handing it over to the booth owner "Would you mind distracting her?"

  The twins waited until Principal Weems took her eyes off them before they walked away.

Wednesday and Monday reached the parking lot just as the fireworks started. Tyler walked up to them holding a file, "Hey, before you guys leave, I wanted you to have this." Wednesday took the file out of Tyler's hands.

"It's your dad's police file from when he was at Nevermore. I think it's the reason my dad hates him." Tyler quirked a brow at Wednesday, "You okay?"

Monday took that as a cue to leave the two alone, snatching her father's file out of her sister's hands. Monday walked ahead, leaning on of the cars. The teen stared at her father's file, deciding if she should open it.

"Hey, freak!"

Monday looked up to see the three boys from the Weathervane, holding baseball bats. Monday shook her head, children didn't know when to give up. The teen wasn't able to do nor say anything when a hand grabbed her arm, pulling her away.

"Come on, we can lose them in the crowd."

The three teens ran through the crowd, dodging the people in their way. It was their luck when Wednesday collided into someone. Monday sighed when she saw her sister fall into a familiar stance.

It didn't take long for Wednesday to snap out of it. "What is it? What did you see?" Monday asked, but she got no response as Wednesday's gaze was focused on Rowan.

Wednesday ignored Tyler's tugging and her sister's questions as she chased after Rowan, leaving the other two confused.

It wasn't a second later when Monday followed after, not wanting to lose sight of her sister. Monday was chasing after her sister on the bridge when her foot got caught, luckily she caught herself before she hit the ground.

Monday wasn't that lucky when she looked up to see no sign of her sister. The teen cursed, getting up and continued to run, but Monday stopped once she was surrounded by trees.

"Fucking, seriously. Nothing can ever go to plan." Monday cursed, kicking at the ground. Then all of a sudden screams filled the silence, making Monday's eyes go wide as she followed after the screams.

Monday was met with the breathtaking sight of her sister, hovering over Rowan, blood and gashes covering his chest. Rowan was dead. Both girls seemed to be stunned, until Monday snapped out of it. The younger twin grabbed Wednesday, pulling her away from the body.

"We need to go!"

— AUTHOR'S NOTE

- this chapter is extremely short because I wanted to finish up episode one
- I know the chapter's are dull, bland whatever you wanna call it, but I promise things will get better
- thanks for the views :)