chapter ten

The twins were bored

    The twins were bored. They decided that a good way to cure it was a good autopsy. Monday and Wednesday were able to get into the morgue from garage, the former gave Thing a grin "While we do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies."

     Wednesday walked over to one of the tables, setting down her tools while Monday looked for the body. Thing taps, loudly on the table, making Wednesday sigh "Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable. Do you remember our 13th birthday party, when Uncle Fester gave us that cadaver?"

   Monday laughs, shaking her head "You sliced right through the carotid, Thing." The younger twin opens the door beside her, smiling when she sets her eyes on the body.

  "There you are."

  Wednesday and Monday pull out the body, the older sister pulls out her recorder "Thursday, 7:23 pm. The body is that of a 50 year old male." Monday walks over to the tools, skipping in excitement.

  "Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled."

  Monday walks back to the body, with a rib cutter and scalpel in her hands. The younger twin didn't pay her sister any mind as she was just about to cut the skin, a hand grabbed her wrist.

  Monday looks up to see her sister pointing to the floor. The twins direct their attention to Thing, who was frantically signing.

"Calm down. Who's coming?"

  Monday groaned, with disappointment "Looks like I won't be adding on to my collection." The sisters pushed the body back in, shutting the door. Monday quickly opened a different door, "Get in."

Wednesday gave her sister a look, but didn't argue as she climbed in. Just as Monday was about to shut the door, she heard footsteps and voices. The teen cursed as she grabbed the tool kit and ducked behind one of the tables.

"Whatever or Whoever is responsible for these killings, in all my years, I've never seen injuries like them." Dr. Anwar said, "I thought you should see this before I issued my report on the latest victim."

Dr. Anwar directed the Sheriff to one of the fridges. "The killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot. Best guess, they used a surgical saw." Monday furrowed her brows, the monster she's been seeing wouldn't take the time to surgically cut off toes.

"Minute you're done, send it straight to my desk. Media blackout on the toes." The Sheriff said his goodbyes, leaving the morgue. Monday waited to hear the coroner leave, but he didn't.

The younger teen glanced over to where her sister was, just to realize she didn't shut the door. Monday mentally cursed as Dr. Anwar walked closer.

The coroner pulled the table out to see Wednesday. "I don't remember this one coming in." Dr. Anwar poked Wednesday's cheek, "Full rigor. You've been dead a while. Guess you won't mind waiting another day for me to cut you open."