chapter seven

Monday was buzzing with excitement

Monday was buzzing with excitement. The teen told her sister everything, minus a few details and the twins were going to help Enid win the Poe Cup.

Of course Enid thought they were doing it because the twins thought of her as a friend, but Monday and Wednesday didn't care as long as Bianca Barclay was swimming with the fishes at the end of the day.

"We're all set."

"Good. Thing is in position."

"Wanna tell me what you three were up to?" Enid asked, making Monday grin "And spoil the surprise?" Enid's face lit up, looking at Wednesday "Speaking of surprises, your costume is in the tent."

Monday laughed at her sister's face as Enid grabbed Wednesday pulling her along, so the two could get changed. The teen followed after, making sure her camera was good to go, because if she didn't get a picture of her sister in the cat costume, she was going to hurl herself off a bridge.

The reason Monday wasn't also getting dragged along was because the teen hated open bodies of water. The hatred sprouted when she was younger and never dissolved.

The Addams teen was too busy messing with her camera, and not paying attention to her surroundings when she bumped into somebody. Before Monday could even try to steady herself, arms wrapped around her body, holding her in place.

"Hasn't someone told you to keep your head out of the camera?"

Monday looked up to see familiar green eyes, she quirked a brow as she looked Xavier up and down. This man was dressed up as a jester, with a full face of paint. "I thought the saying was get your head out of the books."

"I just thought-" Xavier sighed, shaking his head "Nevermind." Monday pulled away, moving past Xavier, her steps were swift. She desperately didn't need to be reminded of last night.

Xavier followed after Monday, with a sigh. He knew she was gonna give her best at avoiding him for now on. "Listen, Mon, I know last night was weird- can you stop walking. Fucking hell, you walk fast for such a small person."

Monday stopped, turning to face Xavier with a glare "I may be small, but at least I'm not the person dressed like a fool." Xavier raised his hands up in defense, "How about you put that camera to good use and take some pictures of the winners?"

Monday smirked, imagining Xavier's face when the Black Cats win "And who would that be?"

"Your fool."

Your?

Monday wasn't able to dwell on Xavier's choice of words, when someone spoke beside her "Having internal thoughts that are making you question your entire life?" Monday turned her head to see Casper and Dexter.

   "That's oddly specific, but no. I'm thinking about Bianca's face when she realizes she's lost."

  Dexter and Casper shared a confused look, before Casper gasp, as a smile spread across her face "Please tell me that Bianca will not win the stupid Poe Cup again."