chapter eight

The twins were tied up, literally

The twins were tied up, literally. They were forced into chairs and their arms tied behind their backs. The bags were finally taken off their heads.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday said, making Monday huff, "I prefer her with it on." Monday enjoyed getting snatched and tied up, but not by amateurs.

"How did you two get down here?" Xavier asked, making Monday glance at him. The teen girl never did find him after the race, making her to believe the boy was throwing himself a pity party, hell they all were.

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday said, nodding her head to her pocket, "Left pocket." Xavier walked over to the girls, taking the ripped drawing out of Wednesday's jacket. "I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle."

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." Kent questioned, making Monday roll her eyes. Kent was the siren that would sink the canoes in the Poe Cup race, he had a black eye thanks to Thing.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?"

"The Nightshades are an elite social club." Bianca exclaimed, "Emphasis on elite."

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional-" Yoko was cut off by loud fake snoring, everyone turned their heads to Monday, who had her eyes closed with her mouth slightly opened.

Monday opened her eyes, a innocent look plagued her face "I'm sorry. I thought I was listening to my bedtime playlist."

Wednesday would've smirked at her sister's act if she wasn't annoyed already. "Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded."

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died."

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves."

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday questioned, making Bianca scoff "We booted that loser last semester. Question is, what are we gonna do with them? Only members are allowed in this library."

The room went quiet, making Monday roll her eyes, again. The only members allowed explained the dust.

"I say we invite them to pledge." Xavier suggested, pointing over to their parents' portrait "They are a legacy."

"After the crap they pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell." Bianca argued, "We talk about not making waves? Those two are a fucking hurricane."

"Just because I beat you at your own game?" Wednesday asked, "Let me save you the trouble. We are not interested in joining."

"You're seriously turning us down?"

"Can you believe it?" Monday said, sarcasm was clear in her voice.

"Untie her."

Monday's lip twitched as the twins showed their free hands, "No need. We freed ourselves five minutes ago." The twins stood up, Wednesday snatched the drawing back from Xavier. The two turned to leave, but were blocked when Kent stopped in front of them.