7. 32nd

7. 32nd

"I am so ashamed of you, truly. You are the worst daughter ever."

"You always hated me, didn't you? And for what? Just because I love you? You do not deserve love, Aarohi, you do not."

"I loved you, and you? You only wanted my surname."

Aarohi got up with a headache and a gasped for breath, as she took a minute to realise that she was not back in Udaipur, nor was she with her family. But then, it took her a very rugged voice to know that she was not in her apartment either, instead she was in a very familiar poised room, instead of being on the chair, she was on the sofa, tucked with a blanket.

"I thought you would never wake up in this decade," The voice she could recognize in a crowd, the rude, taunting voice that she knew would never fail to annoy her, "but you are here."

Aarohi groaned, shifting to rest her back as she held her head, "Sir?" She voiced, still in a daze, "did I sleep here?" She looked at the guy who was working on his laptop, from the window she saw the dark night and realised it was way too late than she thought she'd rest, "and what time is it?"

Aryan Singh Rathore did not look at her, he never did, instead he pointed his finger towards the digital clock on his desk and Aarohi's sleepiness vanished when she realised she had slept for over twelve hours, since it was midnight now. She tsked, tying her loose, distraught hair in a bun and then marveled at the blanket she was tucked in, and the sofa she was sleeping on. As much as she remembered, she had taken a nap on the surgeon's glass desk, not the sofa.

Did this mean the rude surgeon tucked her here?

"Before you ask why you were sleeping on the sofa," Aryan startled Aarohi when he read her mind and answered her without she asking the question, "You were drooling all over my precious glass, and that glass is way expensive to be drooled over." He said, once again, not looking at her as she frowned, holding onto the blanket and glaring at the mean surgeon. "You are welcome by the way."

Aarohi rolled her eyes, nevertheless, she was thankful for the very sarcastic surgeon who did not wake her up and let her sleep, not just uncomfortably on the desk, rather on the sofa...

Wait a second...

"Did you pick me up?" Aarohi realised how she finally got the surgeon's attention, he looked at her, expressionless as always. "Did you actually pick me up and placed me here?

Aryan tilted his head, meeting her eyes, "no, I drugged you, dragged you when you were passed out, and asked the staff to put you on one of the empty beds, but since they were all occupied, we could only put you here." He said it all in a single breath, and Aarohi cursed herself, because she should not have expected a straight answer from the man. "Now do you want to spend the rest of the night there, or are we going to waste time in banters that are not going to give us any money?"

Aarohi frowned all the more while Aryan retreated his attention back to his laptop, and she folded the blanket, placing it nicely on the corner of the sofa. Her loose bun was being let down slowly and Aryan had somehow being focused on the messy hair of hers, especially the way they were detangling on their own, his mind could not help but wander if problems in his life would also detangle in their own way. He was so lost as he watched her, holding the ring in her neck, she held it with so much care, so much concern and Aryan was unable to take his eyes off the mysterious girl.

She tucked the chain in her shirt, straightening her clothes and tying her loose hair, breaking Aryan's trance from her to the knock on the cabin door.

"Come in," Aryan said, his eyes still on the girl who also looked at the door, and Aryan noticed how her frown grew into distaste and an eye-roll making him focus on the person who entered.