19. crazy

19. crazy

Dr. Mathur was oddly Aarohi's only friend in the past days and more often than not, she'd be happy to share the cabin with him, or go on breaks, or even sit through the boring seminars together. Aarohi was reminded of how her siblings were through Dr. Mathur and he did look a little similar to Kairav. She even pointed that and Dr. Mathur shyly pushed the spectacles over his nose, and said he wasn't half as handsome as Kairav was.

"What rubbish," Aarohi shrugged, as they sat across each other in the canteen during lunch. "You are handsome, don't demean yourself."

"Wait, so is Her Highness, Dr. Aarohi calling me, a humble little weak peasant, handsome?"

"You look like Kairav bhaiya, but you're exactly like Akshu. Dramebaaz."

That was what brought Dr. Mathur close to the lonely girl. He had lost his sister and ever since her death, he'd love to listen to people talk about their siblings and how they share the bond and through their stories, he'd bond with his sister.

"So did you?" Dr. Mathur asked and Aarohi shook her head. "You know you want too..."

"But what do I say? Where do I begin?" Aarohi sighed, leaning back in the chair, "I mean all my life I've been venting out my trauma on her and she's been bearing it with a smile. How am I supposed to go to her house, ask for forgiveness and expect everything is going to be fine?"

Dr. Mathur knew about Aarohi's past, mostly because she had shared a few tragic stories of hers too, to comfort Dr. Mathur that they were on the same boat. But she was the anti-hero of her own story.

"Listen, you said your sister... What's her name?" Dr. Mathur asked Aarohi, but answered it in his own, "Akshu, if Akshu is this sweetheart you say she is then she'd take you back in a heartbeat." He shrugged, assuring her and Aarohi nodded, "trust me." He raised his hand towards her and Aarohi gave hers as they shook on it. "Also, what kind of name is Akshu?"

To that Aarohi chuckled, but Aryan Singh Rathore was not having a good time.

He knew he was wrong in yelling at the girl in front of the team when it was him who she waited for, and he waited for her to retaliate, to storm in his office, to throw a rage tantrum but nothing happened. She didn't barge in, she didn't question him, she didn't even argue. All she did was lower her head and accept her mistake and that made Aryan all the more frustrated.

Why wasn't she reacting?

Maybe he did this to put an end to the attachment he had towards her, or the comfort she provided him by merely just being there, or the pull she had on him. Or maybe he did this to get her to react, he was habituated to her rage fest.

He was on his way to the senior's cabin when he saw Aarohi and Dr. Amay Mathur having a hearty conversation, laughing and teasing. This was the most she had smiled, else she never did.

"How does she only argues with me but is so sweet towards others?" He hated how she was getting friendlier towards Dr. Mathur, he hated her smile at his words, he hated how they often ate their meals together and right now, he hated how Aarohi held Dr. Mathur's hand as she rummaged through her phone. "And why is she with him all the time."

He walked across the canteen, ignoring the doctors who greeted him and took steady steps towards the duo, who were engrossed in a conversation, Aarohi was the one to speak this time. She didn't realise the surgeon was behind her, and Dr. Mathur didn't either.

"I don't know, I mean I tried, but couldn't get past the call. And she didn't call me back either."

"She won't. You should."