9. nap nap

9. nap nap

Headache as severe as the earthquake, was how Aarohi woke up the other afternoon and she took a minute to hold her head and sit back in the most comfortable bed, with the most softest blanket on her. She ran her hand through her disaster of a hair, and rested on the backrest as she scanned the room. It was huge, the biggest room, similar to the one she had back in Goenka house and it was so aesthetically lit, Aarohi could not help but feel comfortable. The curtains were shut, the dim lights wanting to make her sleep the rest of the day, and there was a scent, a familiar scent which reminded her that she was not in some five star hotel room. She had vague memories of last night, one of them being here with the surgeon.

She sighed, looking at the attire she was in, the same as last night only it smelled horrible. She remembered throwing up on her dress, she remembered arguing with the surgeon, she remembered being hopelessly emotional. But other than that, how she landed up here, in the Surgeon's room, she did not know. Did she create a scene? Did he fire her because she clearly misbehaved? What happened?

Aarohi glanced at her mobile, which was switched off due to lack of battery charge and she did not know what else she could do. It was post ten in the morning, her head ached and her cell was also not switching back on. She eyed the glass of water kept untouched on the table adjacent to the bed and found a note stuck to the glass.

Water and Aspirin for the hangover

Aarohi gulped them without wasting a single second. She got up from the very comfortable bed and looked around for the door to escape, but then thought against it as she headed to the washroom to freshen up, since the smell of vomit and alcohol were stronger.

After trying to rinse the stains off her dress, she gave up and hoped the surgeon would not mind when she grabbed one of his hoodies that lay on the bed, wearing the track pants that lay folded and let her wet hair down as she left the room. If Aarohi was marvelled at the room she was in, she gasped at how how superior the complex looked, everything about it screamed royalty and in a city like Mumbai, this was the closest to a mansion. She walked about, hoping to head towards the entrance, so she could leave but she never saw the jumpscare coming.

"Why you wearing my clothes?"

Aarohi gasped holding her chest in immediate reflex and turned sideways only to see the surgeon seated on the empty breakfast table, eating a buttered slice of bread.

"You scared me," She groaned, holding her head which now escalated in the thumping pain. "Who calls out like that?"

"Who runs away like that," He answered, sitting back in his seat, "especially weaing my clothes, without my permission..." He stopped zeroing his gaze at her, "is that water dripping from your hair?" Aarohi rolled her eyes as he observed her, "did you bathe Dr. Goenka and is that water dripping on my hoodie?"

"Geez," She ran her hand through her wet hair, a little embarassed by his accusations but trying to act cool, "just a hoodie, and I was stinking..."

"That I will agree with." He eyed her, meeting her eyes and sipping his coffee, "do you remember yesterday Dr. Goenka?" He asked, calmly, like he always did and Aarohi sighed, which was enough for the surgeon to understand. "You owe me 75K, I hope you know that."

Aarohi's sleepiness vanished, "What?" She took a step closer to the guy, "why?"

"The correct question should be how," He pointed the butter knife towards her, "and if you do not remember, you puked on my very expensive suit, which I cannot now wear ever again and the hoodie you are wearing, solely costs 10K, which after it is on you, I'll have to burn, so yes, I am being generous when I say you owe me 75K." He raised his eyebrows, taking a bite of his buttered bread and Aarohi clenched her jaw.