15. mistake

15. mistake

Aarohi was hesitant to enter the same house which she had once spent a drunken night in. She still did not remember what had happened that night, and how she had landed in the surgeon's bed, but she knew that he had been kind enough to take care of her. Yet, vague memories of this place still resonated in her mind and more so of the fact that she had to now spend a few days here.

How in the world was she to share a house with the man who was the very reason she had left, especially when they could not even go without bickering.

"If you think I will have a pooja thali ready for you, with a bowl of rice for you to kick and enter," Aryan Singh Rathore pushed right through her as he entered his house, "then you are highly mistaken, Dr. Goenka. Just enter already, we need to leave for the hospital soon." Aarohi rolled her eyes, as she held her bags firmly, one on either side of her.

"First of all, I do not need to imagine you verenating me with a prayer ritual, I will laugh." To that mockery, Aryan only watched her with his same blank icy glare, "and second, rice bowl is when a married woman enters the house for the first time, and we are not married..."

"Well, we might as well be with the way you always have to speak up to me," Aryan nonchalantly replied, sitting on the sofa and relaxing, unbekonst to the warm hue that covered Aarohi's cheeks, "can you just enter already?" He whined, eyes shut as he lay his head back in exhaustion yet still demanding as always.

Aarohi was about to enter when Aryan stopped her, "what?"

His eyes popped open immediately, a fishy smile on his face, more of which screamed trouble, "no heels policy, gotta remove those heels."

"What?" Aarohi frowned, looking right at his shoes sitting nicely on the coffee table, "you are literally wearing shoes as we speak."

She pointed at him, like a school kid, and Aryan only stood up, brushing and adjusting his suit.

"I said no heels policy, shoes are allowed." He shrugged, the one which Aarohi felt more like a challenge and she glared at him as she removed her heels. He always had a dislike towards them and she did not know why he wanted her to stand without them.

To an extent Aryan was right, Aarohi's heels were a way of hiding her weakness of being short, she hated people towering her, but she also wore them for another reason, a reason Aryan did not know yet.

"Happy?" Aarohi asked, removing the heels and placing them neatly on the shoe rack, entering in with her heavy bags, "you sure don't seem 35 to me, sir."

"you sure don't seem tall to me," Aryan replied, mocking her, a sly smile on his face when he saw her fisting her hands in rage. "Second room from the left, its a spare room, so yes, you are free to do whatever, just don't break anything."

"Yes," Aarohi replied, pulling her bags with her because she knew Aryan Singh Rathore would not help her at all, "I do not have enough money to payback either."

That mutter of hers ended in a notfication chime on her mobile and after placing her bags in the dark room, Aarohi's eyes lit up when she saw a hefty amount credit to her account. It was her rightful salary as a doctor for the months she worked as one and a small smile hit her face.

"Now you have."

_

It was five in the evening, by the time Aarohi had dusted the room, set up her basic things and taken a little nap to power up for the night shift. However, she had not emptied her bags yet, she did not feel too good about shifting here, especially if this news spread in the hospital, she would defintely promote from being the Surgeon's newest affair to being a downright slut. She already had various names tagged to her, more so like selfish, cruel and her personal favourite, heartless.