31. want

31. want

"For someone who never leaves a single chance of talking back, standing aloof doesn't suit you."

Aarohi was back in the hotel room, the one they shared with two adjacent rooms and a huge spacious living room. The luxurious penthouse Aryan had booked for their stay in Udaipur had been their comfort roof for quite some time.

It was just a week, yet it felt like a lifetime.

"I'm sorry," Aarohi cleared her throat, shaking her head whilst watching Aryan walk towards her with mugs of coffee in hand. "This is insane of me. I've been moping since I've arrived instead of celebrating..."

Aryan didn't reply, he didn't need words to do so. Clearly, Aarohi was disturbed since they left abruptly from her house and considering how close she was to her family, it's only fair she was still sad about the turn of events.

Instead, he just forwarded the warm mug towards her and she looked at the hot steamy beverage and then the equally hot man. Thankfully, he was just as insane as she was.

She missed being pampered by sweet words like Neil would do. But, admittedly, sipping hot coffee on a cold night with silence on the side wasn't bad either. They sat on the very comfortable lounge chairs placed in the balcony of the room.

The night was darker than their pasts and stars were taking over with their very little light.

It was funny, Aarohi smiled, when she watched a little star twinkle. A huge giant dark space and a tiny little light fighting it's way to shine.

Sure, one star trying to twinkle was a joke. But an array of them, fighting with the dark with their little lights and what a scene that is.

Aryan looked at the woman seated with her neck strained, gaze captivated by the sky and a little twinkle in those sad eyes. He retaliated by eyeing the sky that had managed to captivate her attention.

Not even the milky way could get him as mesmerized as she did.

"Is it okay if I ask you why the fuck are you staring at a dark sky?"

That earned a chuckle from the girl who had almost forgotten what it was to smile. She kept the mug aside, hardly having the appetite to finish it while turning to face him. He was still eyeing the sky, trying his best to understand the subject matter at hand.

"What is it? I don't get it."

She smiled, tilting her head and watching the man puzzle over what captivated her attention.

"Stop smiling, Dr. Goenka." He could see her from the corner of his eyes, a grin wiping away the dust of the pasts. "Were you looking at the moon?" He pointed at the very thin curvy silver moon.

Aarohi sighed, he'd not give up until she gave him an answer. So she edged closer, holding his hand and pointing it from the bright moon to the little star on the parallel side.

"What are we looking at?" He asked, her hand still holding his. "Are you in any case, high Dr. Goenka?"

"What?"

Aryan sat back in the chair, turning to face the girl, hands now entwined. "I thought you're having a severe case of hallucinations, mostly caused due to lack of sleep in your case."

"I am not sleep deprived."

"Your anxiously raised voice says otherwise."

That shut her up, and transferred the grin from her lips to his.

"Never mind."

Aarohi got up, however Aryan had no intention to let go of her hand which he now held with a firm grip. She looked down at him, and then at his hand on her wrist.