12. close

12. close

Aryan Singh Rathore never understood the term family.  He was 15 when he had left his house, more like hell house and escaped from the clutches of toxicity to a new world, a world he had created by himself. He was self made and Aryan was proud of who he was and what he had become, sure now he was on a stage where life was getting blurry and painful, but till now, his life had been pretty to the point. He would work, get richer by the day, come home to rest up and be back to the hospital again. He was 35, which meant the last two decades of his life was the same routine, parties did not interest him unless there was an underlying motive to it, girls did nothing but add headache to him, and he did not want to settle with a headache for life. Plus, since he was already so rich, why in the world would he want to give it away for another person who did nothing to built it.

That being said, Aryan had once made a mistake of falling in love too, but then, that did not end well and he was used to being alone his entire life. So the fact that Dr. Goenka had a panic attack in the cabin only because her family disowned her, in fact, she should be happy, good riddance to let go of this huge of a family, with that strings attached would also be cut off. He was clueless why Aarohi was not understanding what a boon this was, especially how ridiculous they were in berating her in front of the crowd. If Aryan was in her place, this would be the death of them, and he was not even kidding. 

It had been a week since Aarohi's breakdown in Aryan's arms, and she had not come back to the hospital, which bothered Aryan more than he thought it would. He was undoubtedly involved in her life so much that more than his sickness, he kept thinking about her and the way she longed for someone to go home to. Her words kept repeating at the back of his mind, so much that he forgot to attend a meeting, mixed two patient files and almost apologised for a mistake he did not do in front of his team which garnered attention from the team. He was losing his mind and the girl who was not even here, had taken it with him. 

"Sir," His secretary entered the cabin and asked for him, "the board meeting is for tomorrow at 7 am, its better for you to rest up." She added, knowing a little about his ailment, even though she never confronted the stubborn man. He nodded absentmindedly, "also, Apartment Sunshine Hue, Room No. 504, next to Golden Hue Hotel."  She smiled a bit and Aryan looked at her, knowing very well whose address she was reciting, and that meant she wanted him to visit her.

"I'm surgeon Rathore, I charge 10k for a single home visit." He replied and she shrugged. "I am not visiting any resident just like that, especially not her." But his secretary only wrote the address on the sticky note and placed it on the green board of important notes and left for the day as Aryan sighed, the audacity of people surrounding him were getting too hot to handle. When she left, Aryan looked at the yellow note and the address on it, and for no rhyme no reason, he plucked it and took his jacket,  leaving to find some answers to calm his anxious heart.

_

Aarohi was lifeless throughout the week, she sat on the bed for the entirety of her days, staring into the nothingness of the plain walls of her room and sighing more than she did. She missed her parents desperately that week, tears dried up by crying through the night wishing her parents were there with her and even though she wanted to admit it was a lie, she missed Neil so much, every single second, every single moment, and all she imagined was him being happy with his new bride. It was hurting her, everything was hurting and Aarohi genuinely thought that she was used to the pain and numbness of being lonely, yet, this week was different. All this while, Aarohi knew that her family was there for her, even if she screwed up, even if she made any error, families are supposed to take you back no matter what, stand by you when the world is too rough for you and be there when you wanna head back.

But Aarohi was disowned, she knew she had no one to blame but herself, but she also knew that she was going to be alone the rest of her life. She had no-one to go home to, nobody to sit with and cry, no one to seek comfort from and that reality was hitting her the most that week. She was losing herself, and the place was haunting her daily. Mumbai was a city that never slept, was always busy and crowded and the hustle-bustle did not stop, and it was a daily reminder to Aarohi on how alone she was in such a huge city. She was going to quit being a doctor, she was not ready mentally to search for a new job, hunt down interviews, explain why she had no experience letter or recommendations from previous hospitals and hence, Aarohi thought it best to leave the city, settle in for some low-key job in a not so expensive place and live by without wanting to kill herself.