⁰¹¹

⎯⎯of broken trust!

⎯⎯of broken trust!

"What was Will saying?" Mike asked, fidgeting with his fingers. "'Like home...like home'. But dark?"

Morgan briefly glanced up at him before ducking her head back down, fingertips tracing small patterns along Eleven's ankles as her soulmate sprawled along the couch, drained and exhausted from using her powers. Mike shifted and stood up, unable to sit down any longer as he began to pace.

"And empty," Lucas added.

Dustin looked up from his spot on the stairs. "Empty and cold," he said. "Wait, did he say cold?"

"I don't know," Lucas sighed. "The stupid radio kept going in and out."

"It's like riddles in the dark," Dustin mumbled.

"Like home," Mike muttered. "Like his house?"

"Or maybe like Hawkins," Lucas said.

"Upside down," Eleven croaked out hoarsely from the couch.

Morgan frowned and glanced over at her soulmate.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down," Mike repeated softly.

"What?"

"Upside down," Mike's voice rose as he walked over towards the D&D table, quickly sitting down in a chair. "When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" Lucas and Dustin hopped up and crowded around him. Morgan watched them carefully from the couch. "Upside down. Dark. Empty."

Lucas casted a look over towards Dustin. "Do you understand what he's talking about?"

"No," Dustin deadpanned.

"Guys," Mike groaned, "come on, think about it. When El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?"

"And the vision happened at his house," Morgan added blandly, grimacing at the exhaustion still pulsing from the 011 mark under her collarbone.

"Yeah, but he wasn't there," Lucas pointed out.

"But what if he was there?" Mike prompted. "What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side?"

Eleven tensed up and Morgan set a hand on her ankle, patting it gently as a small amount of panic and fear rose from the soulmark.

Mike flipped the board. "What if this is Hawkins and"—he flipped it again—"this is where Will is?"

"Upside down..." Morgan muttered, sharing a look with Mike when he glanced over his shoulder.

"Like the Vale of Shadows," Dustin piped up.

Lucas simply looked at the in disbelief.

Morgan frowned, tracing the 011 mark under her collarbone that seemed to be pulsing with a quiet kind of frantic fear. She sighed and continued tracing small patterns on Eleven's ankle. She didn't know what her soulmate was hiding and, while it hurt, she could only hope that they would all come out okay in the end after they find Will and bring him home.