₀₀₇

⎯⎯all of her broken pieces!

It's late in the afternoon when Morgan rode out on her bike and passed Dustin's house, slowing to a stop in pure bewilderment. The scene was enough to pull her out of the thoughts of Max running rampant in her head. Dustin was decked out in catcher's gear, heavy padding on his legs, and wielding a hockey as he tottered along a path of bologna.

"What the fuck?" Morgan mumbled to herself. She dropped her bike and ran over. "Dustin, what the fuck are you doing?"

Dustin yelped and turned his head, eyes wide. "Morgan! Shit, get over here! Hurry up before he comes!"

Morgan rushed to his side as Dustin led them to his shed. "What's happening?" she asked lowly as he shut the door and motioned to keep silent. She frowned but did as told, both of them crouching slightly to peek through the slits of the wooden boards.

"Come on," he mumbled under his breath. "Come on, I know you're hungry."

Morgan glanced at him. "What are you—"

And then she saw it: Dart, the size of a small dog, came bounding down the stairs from Dustin's house, munching on the bologna path.

Morgan took a deep breath as she felt the rage build up inside her. "You've got to be shitting me," she seethed quietly.

Dart trotted over to the entrance of the cellar of Dustin's house before pausing, head rising slightly. Morgan held her breath before tensing up as Dart whirled around and seemed to stare straight at them. Dustin dragged her away from the wall, breathing hard before he steeled himself and barged through the door, screaming. Dart shrieked in confused terror as Dustin backed him up before swinging, cracking the monster with the hockey stick and sending him flying straight into the cellar. Dustin barely closed the doors before he slumped on them, adrenaline draining from his body.

"I'm sorry," he panted out. "You ate my cat."

Morgan walked up to him in shock. "I'm sorry, but what the fuck just happened and what is this about your cat?"

Dustin groaned.

☆★☆

"I can't believe you hid him," Morgan grumbled. She shook her head as they biked down towards the Wheelers. "Actually, scratch that, I can believe it. Sometimes I forget that as smart as you are, you are really, really dumb sometimes."

"Excuse me?" Dustin sputtered.

"You kept a miniature demogorgon in your house and let it use your cat as a snack," Morgan deadpanned.

"I didn't let him use Mews as a snack, he just got hungry while I wasn't there," Dustin tried to defend himself.

"Oh, okay," Morgan drawled. "Yep, that's so much better. Applause to you, Dustybuns."