₀₀₆

⎯⎯slipped secrets!

⎯⎯slipped secrets!

There was a familiar ache in her head before her world tilted and became the Upside Down. Morgan sucked in a harsh breath and turned, sprinting out of the gym. She heard the faint calls of her friends from the other side and there was a terrible noise that sounded like a tornado as she sprinted down the hallways and barreled through the doors and out into the field. Her eyes zeroed in on Will and a large, towering monster made of darkness. Chills erupted on her skin, prickling goosebumps up and down her arms as she hesitated only for a second before running towards him.

"Will!" she called out and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Pain exploded from her temples, causing her to cry out and her knees to buckle and she fell beside him, gasping as the voice tore through her mind, loud and demanding. Images flickered: the form of a monster made of black ichor, people with lifeless eyes looking forward, flashes of red lightning, and a figure with pale, pale eyes.

And, then, suddenly, he was staring right back.

"̵̡͔̜̠̺̭̗̋͒̉͌͐Š̴̫̬̜̖̼̌o̴̢̦͈͈̯̰̮̎̓̎͆̂̈́͗͘o̷̢̪̤̙̲̮̓̈̒̓ṋ̶̊̃̃̐͝.̶͖͈͎̳̱͋̒͑͒͑̇͌̎͗"̶̭͕̯̖̙͔͇̩̉̑̽̽̕͝ͅ

☆★☆

Morgan was still trembling when she watched Will be escorted out by Joyce, who gave her a look of 'call me if you change your mind and need me to take you home' — it was a wonder she had stopped Joyce from dragging her with her without even checking out of the office — and sank more into Dustin's side, his arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders. Sweat still clung to her lashes and there was a smudge of blood dotted a little bit under her nose from the bleeding.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out," Max started hesitantly, eyes flickering between Will's retreating back and the side of Morgan's face from beside her. "Are...are you sure you're okay?"

Morgan gave a flimsy thumbs up. "Never been better."

Max shot her a 'you're so full of shit' look before she, strange enough, glowered at Dustin's arm around her shoulders, her posture unusually tense.

"Two episodes in two days," Lucas noted.

"It's getting worse," Mike added, voice wavering as he watched his soulmate walk away.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked.

Max's eyes ripped away from Dustin's arm to stare at Lucas. "What's True Sight?"

They all shared a look before Lucas shook his head slightly. "It's nothing."

☆★☆

"Stop being a baby and do it already!"

Morgan watched on, a small, amused grin tugging at her lips as Lucas was searching in the dumpster behind the school, Max and Mike standing and leaning against the wooden sticks they had found next to it. Morgan was sat on the ground, knees to her chest as she observed.