Lightning

Chapter Theme: ANIMALITY by JVLA: https://youtu.be/nKdCROePJaU

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the hometown of all SDT's, the city known as "a paradise." To those who live there.

Central: Central Government, central Island, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Sin Trigger.

Crono Wingbuster was not having a good time, not with these damn demons that is.

He was a tall brute of a man, far taller than average, lean... Intimidating, all adjectives to describe him. His eyes are yellow, and his sharp and pitch black facial hair painted an image of almost a tyrant, a conniving and terrifying image.

But... The chill breeze knew no fear for men like him.

This damn cold... It always got chilly around this time of year, of course that means less people are out and about... But still, Crono hated the damn cold with every bone in his body. Even the slightest amount of wind, of chill, and his body would have goosebumps. The numerous layers of clothing and the scarf around his neck did nothing to soothe this, his breath still came out in a warm mist.

And what's even worse?

Taking a swig of his bottle of rum, "The damn demons are running amuck in this town... It's enough to make a man sick!" Crono complains to another man of shorter stature, waving his bottle in the air.

"But Sanctus says that they are different-" His best friend, a shorter, younger male. He held a certain willingness to him, a loyalty in his gaze. His eyes are cyan.

But Crono wasn't going to hear about Sanctus, "I don't give a s-shit what Sanctus says! Old fart doesn't even know half the goddamn things he's saying, you think he means all that mumbo jumbo about 'getting along'?" Shivering slightly, Crono used the rum to warm his belly... Even if it just made him shiver even more.

The shorter of the two sighed and decided not to bother, it didn't really matter in the end anyways.

Raising one finger to point at his best friend, "Don't listen to a damn thing he says right now Reno, he's just trying to appease the Senate... But I can tell behind that ugly mug of his that he wants to crush the SDT's just as much..." Reno was silent at his friend's imaginary and morbid rancor, sighing and taking a swig of his own bottle.

The two young men leaned up against a building right across from 'Bianca's Bar.' The taller and older of the two mulled over the leadership issue they were facing, the Order of the Sword had grown monumentally since the damn SDT's came back...

An frustrated glare grew across his well-defined features, "Look at all of ya... Going about your day without a care in the world..." Muttering towards the various townspeople.

Crono spread out his arms, almost tauntingly to the busybodies walking across the sidewalk around him, "The SDT's have made this place a hellhole I tell you what! That damn Mettaton is corrupting our youth, filling their heads with that brain rot he calls music! So what's the difference between an SDT and a regular demon huh?" He shrugged his shoulders at anyone who'd listen, of the few who did decide to stand by and witness his ideology.