Through vacant halls

Chapter theme: Vergil combat-https://youtu.be/_qc1scBcp0A

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the town's name. The only city located in the USF.

Central: Central Government, central city, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments, cities and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Disclaimer: Certain aspects of this story are based on a loosely fictional and exaggerated version of reality, of what is possible, of what could be, of the relationships we see day to day, between people, nations, and anything in between, to understand this is to understand that there is no agenda... Make your own conclusions, what you think is right.

I own nothing.

Sin Trigger.

Andrei watched over his magnificent city with a resolute calm, the cool wind brushing over his nearly bronze skin. His influence was unmatched, his stature praised by those who wished to gain as he did... He was a promise to every living soul in this city, individual greatness!

And those who'd try to attack this? Andrei would crush them with his full might, be it man or devil. Standing tall with his cane in hand, the tycoon could not contain his excitement.

'They truly believe me to be their ally? Remarkably naive of the theologist to do so, but I won't complain.' Andrei grinned deeply as he stared into the night, the abyss... For he did not fear it nor the beyond, it was merely a challenge.

The unknown was not to be feared, but to be conquered...

"Just like this 'Vergil'"

Andrei sighed before turning away, entering his personal penthouse and taking in the scent of freshened fabric, the sight of all luxury. The sweat of his brow. After many hard years of building oneself up from nothing, was he not entitled to it? Of course he was.

Andrei opened his massive computer interface, "The good of man aligns with my desires, with my profit... You will see, usurper."

Snapping once, the door to his abode opened and a well dressed Splicer entered. Without a mask, there was a clearly visible purple welt glowing in his neck. He had long flowing dark hair and a rough, scarred face, his eyes glowed a deep yellow.

The splicer leaned against a wall, "You called?" He made a phone gesture with his fingers, even though Andrei was facing away from him.

Andrei crosses his fingers over his desk, casually. "Yes, prepare your men... I have a feeling that we will be paid a visit, through fire and war." He nods absently, staring off into the distance.

"Sir?"

He nods again, "Yes, through fire and war... He will come to us, and so you must arm your men... Deadly force, if you would."

"Are you sure? Permitting deadly force, and against a simple man? That doesn't sound like you, Boss." Roman always had a way to check him, to balance him, but not this time...