A grave mistake

Chapter theme: Akira-Kaneda - https://youtu.be/HB6Ch_VAfIk

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the town's name. The only city located in the USF.

Central: Central Government, central city, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments, cities and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Disclaimer: Certain aspects of this story are based on a loosely fictional and exaggerated version of reality, of what is possible, of what could be, to understand this is to understand that there is no agenda... Make your own conclusions, what you think is right.

I own nothing.

Sin Trigger

The beauty of wealth was encapsulated here in this tower that stood above all others, stood in the rejection of all man made mythology, rejection of irrationality. A bustling tower standing at the head of Fortuna, almost the embodiment of the name; The Tower of Babel. A city spanning palace where men and women alike could find their dreams, where all could be forgotten, where your race, sex, age, idealogy... It didn't matter where you came from, not as long as you held a flaming motivation to succeed. That you too could be amongst them too, it was this promise that drew people to Fortuna.

And Samuel was the type of guy who had more than a personal motivation.

"Sammy! Dinner's ready!"

BANG.

A throbbing pain echoed throughout his senses, he rolled out from underneath the heavy duty pickup and held his aching head.

"Ah crap, that hurts." Hissing at the touch, Samuel stands to his full height. Average height and with a lean build, his body and face is covered with grime and soot.

He tosses a wrench into a workbench and takes off his goggles, revealing red eyes. "Coming!" Samuel quickly dons his glasses and removes his gloves, he shuts off his alembic and rushes outside of his work station.

"Just needed to finish the last touches." He says as he slides into the living room. "You know how old Barna does when she doesn't get maintenance."

His sister gives him a half-glance before turning back to the stove, the light of the tower above shining through from the ceiling hole with a wooden plank nailed over.

She grumbles, "Whatever Sammy, it's girls night so you better savour dinner. I won't be back for breakfast tomorrow."

"Staying out with your friend again huh Esma?" His face morphs into a mischievous one. "Or maybe... A boy?" The older brother wiggles his eyebrow.

Esma dry heaves in responde, "Ack, no... Every boy my age is a little twerp." Didn't that sound familiar? Samuel chuckled as Esma came with three bowls in hand.

"You're only thirteen, little sis." He accepted his bowl, staring at the soup with bright eyes. "If it makes you feel better, I would beat up any 'twerp' that tries anything."