A Promise to be kept

Chapter theme: Theme for A Promise- https://youtu.be/g3xt00BoFAA

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the town's name. The only city of the USF society.

Central: Central Government, central city, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments, cities and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Disclaimer: Certain aspects of this story are based on a loos,ely fictional and exaggerated version of reality, of what is possible, of what could be, to understand this is to understand that there is no agenda... Make your own conclusions, what you think is right.

I own nothing.

Sin Trigger.

Life... Has a way of throwing curve balls, to surprise those who let their guard down to change. Vergil thought that Crono was nothing more than a mindless brute when he first saw him, a man who'd so rightfully earned his boot to the side... And his lover Bianca, a kind woman who to him could do no wrong... Yet enabled the behaviours of a foolishly crass man defending him even.

But it was all wrong... And in the time Vergil has spent at their bar, he realized that his initial statement couldn't be further from the truth. And he was grateful. Not only had they begun to advertise RISE through the means of posters and pamphlets, that little bar was a far more comfortable base of operations than that dingy little apartment in the slums of Fortuna.

Business had picked up remarkably since then, Vergil was a half devil in strength after all... And who better to defend against a devil? It was barely morning and the first call of the day had marked the hour, further away than typical...

Indeed.

Far deeper into the island of Fortuna, the ground erupts. The ground quivers and shakes with the force of a bomb crescendoing along the rythem of a footfall. Each step, each roar, each blow is enough to rend dozens of trees from their roots.

A devil bore its might on the villagers of the town situated outside of the main city, bordering the almost endless forestry that marked the rest of the castle.

Villagers run in panic, attempting to escape the slow and yet unwavering onslaught of a demon thirty meters in height! Dozens of knights with swords and specifically modified weaponry circle the creature, trying to harm it to no avail. Their swords bounce off its flesh as if striking metal, the demon is of higher standing.

It seems there is no hope.

But of course one must stand against the horde of escapees, the citizens of this village bisecting in a path around him as he walks slowly through, a child crashes into his leg and falls to the ground; rubbing his head, the small boy looks up to see a devil eyes malign and flaming.

However, his eyes are not directed towards him.

The devil offers his hand, bringing the child up to his feet and brushing him off before continuing his journey... The infernal blood within burns brighter, his blue eyes flaring to life as he makes it through the crowd and to the other side.