Oscillating loyalty

Chapter theme: We shall never surrender-https://youtu.be/ljhaUtxIenk

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the town's name. The only city of the USF society.

Central: Central Government, central city, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments, cities and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Disclaimer: Certain aspects of this story are based on a loosely fictional and exaggerated version of reality, of what is possible, of what could be, to understand this is to understand that there is no agenda... Make your own conclusions, what you think is right.

I own nothing.

Sin Trigger.

Vergil has been gone from the USF for four years, 260 days, twelve hours, forty eight minutes, and twelve seconds.

The Son of Sparda knows this well.

Over the years he'd been stabbed, jabbed and poked by numerous things and objects, traveling this world to find his equally resilient brother Dante would lead to some interesting predicaments after all.

During this time, his stature had only grown more impressive, his jawline more angular and defined, his eyes two piercing oceans that could light into an inferno at will. But even after all his traveling, through burning sun, and chilling cold, his skin remained pale as the moon.

But his heart still burned with that same spark from years ago.

Sitting at a table inside a small yet serviceable safehouse, Vergil took a drink of his water and watched his friend use anti-stain wipes to remove the alcohol from his artificial skin, still shivering from his encounter at the bar... Vergil thought it would be a safe place for them now after convincing the owner to do business with SDT's, but of course... An OTS member was there.

Which almost led to him losing a member of his vanguard, and a dear friend.

"Blooke."

"... I know Vergil... I'm sorry, I'll stay here next time..."

Shifting in his seat, he pinched his nose, slightly annoyed. "That's not what I meant, you can't lend just anyone who seems mean the ability to walk all over you, face your fears." Clenching his artificial fingers into a fist, Blooke looked away from his friend.

Sometimes violence was necessary... Even when it should be avoided.

The robotic devil sighed, "... I'm not a fighter like you or Mettaton... I'm just a coward, you know me." The self-degradation was nothing new, he'd viewed himself as powerless since day one.

Disappointedly, he was actually still much more confident now than he'd been four years ago... But he wasn't anywhere close to being confident enough, especially with his robotic abilities.