A cruel world

Chapter theme: In the end-Cinematic orchestral version.

Terminology:

SDT: SUBTERRANEAN DEMON TRIBE, often used to describe sentient and non-aggressive demons.

USF: UNITED SUBTERRANEAN FRONT, the recognized sovereign citizens of the Ebott. Valley demon association.

NNH: New New Home, the town's name. The only city located in the USF.

Central: Central Government, central city, main human settlement where the Grand Senate is instated.

WG: World Government, The coalition of governments, cities and island states, headed the Grand Senate.

WM: World Military, the standing widespread military for the entire world bar a few states and countries.

OTS: Order Of The Sword, a religious faction mainly situated in the city of fortuna, radical Sparda worshippers.

Disclaimer: Certain aspects of this story are based on a loosely fictional and exaggerated version of reality, of what is possible, of what could be, to understand this is to understand that there is no agenda... Make your own conclusions, what you think is right.

I own nothing.

Sin Trigger

A week has passed already since Ifalna had joined the group, her contributions hard to notice at first but she made herself useful and those who attended the bar during open hours seemed to grow more and more every day. Her nightly singing had become almost an attraction in itself, men from all across the city began to commune to Bianca's bar... However, Crono had quit his job to focus on finding Credo. With the profits coming in steadily, it was agreeable. He spent most of his waking hours searching, trying to find any clue whatsoever for where he could be held... But the hideout of their headquarters was a tightly kept secret, only the inner members of the order would be permitted. Not even a lowly knight could gain entrance.

And so He traveled through the city looking for any trace of his son every day. But the Order had become scarce of late, almost as if they were planning something... Crono hated it. He hated seeing his wife cry herself to sleep every night without their boy to wish them goodnight, he hated his purposeless life without him.

The passing days were not easy for the couple, that's for sure.

All in all, RISE had grown in popularity with the people of Fortuna. And so did Mettaton's show despite everything, little by little, a slight change could be felt in the air, but nowhere near enough. So, the search for Credo continues, and the interrogation of their prisoner does as well. Their only real lead is quite dry.

Although to Ifalna, her mind is elsewhere. Caught in a storm.

The rain beats down like a hammer, a thundering tropical typhoon. Not unheard of for Fortuna. But they weren't exactly wanted. Even as the temperature warmed through the change in seasons, rain was only good to the calm observer; and wind was even worse. The more wind, the faster and less expected the storm would be.

That's what Ifalna thought, anyway.

Coldness touched her legs, "Darn, my dress is soaked! And it's my only pretty one tooooo." She groans, wrapping her arm around her shoulders as she dashes through the downpour.

Her teeth are chattering, her flowers are drenched... The last time she got caught in the rain like this whole handing out flowers she was much younger, the former courtesan cursed herself for forgetting never to stay out when it looks like rain.