Zombified (Male Zombie! Reader)

HEYYY here's another oneshot! In this one, you're recently deceased and come back to life as a zombie! When you reunite with John, you fall in love with him :D I was mainly inspired by Zombie Land Saga and The Zombie Song! TW for mentions of gore. Also for plot convenience you don't infect people as a zombie. Also there's gonna be smut. (Don't ask how your dick didn't decompose cuz idk either) Enjoy!

Y/N POV
I awoke to a feeling of heaviness and cold. I could barely see anything, and my memories were fuzzy. I tried grabbing the "walls" of this enclosed space, the feeling of dirt on my fingertips. I tried screaming, but instead of a scream, a hoarse groaning sound escaped my lips. I kicked and punched my surroundings, but to no avail. Then, I realised why there was dirt everywhere. I was buried underground.

The only thing I could remember was a survival tactic I saw on TV once. If you're trapped in a pile of snow after an avalanche, you spit to see which direction your facing. I figured this would work in this situation as well. I quickly spat, my saliva immediately landing on my face. I wiped my face, and started desperately clawing at the earth above me. I climbed my way upwards, punching my hand through the dirt.

I climbed the rest of the way out, finding myself shambling around instead of walking. I looked at my legs, surprised to see that some of the bones in them were exposed. There was no pain, no bleeding. The flesh on my right hand was completely gone, leaving nothing but a skeletal palm and fingers. I looked around to find myself on the side of the road at night, a large billboard ahead of me. It was raining, lightning and thunder in the sky. In big bold letters, it read: "Welcome to Uncanny Valley". A few more memories came rushing back to me.

I had remembered walking across the street from a gas station, before a car and flashing headlights sped towards me. Then, there was nothingness. I shook away those thoughts. Soon, it had stopped raining. I crept into the strange city ahead of me, a feeling of intense hunger taking over. I had managed to make it far into the city in over half an hour. I walked through an alleyway, a man leaning against a wall and smoking a cigarette catching my eye.

The immense feeling of hunger grew stronger. I had a strange craving for some sort of meat. Just about any meat, nothing specific. Staring at the man in front of me, I started to feel ravenous, like a rabid animal hunting its prey. The hunger was unbearable. I couldn't help myself any longer. I crept towards the man, before lunging at him and sinking my teeth into his throat.

John Doe POV
I was taking a walk down the street, still trying to process the dissapearance of Y/N. He was an employee at the gas station I had frequently visited, and I was absolutely obsessed with him. One day when I came to visit him, he wasn't there. He wasn't there the day after that, or the day after that. I checked his apartment many times, but to no avail. It's been a week since I've last seen him, and I'm starting to get worried.

I stumbled upon an alleyway, a strange noise catching my attention. I peered into the alleyway, spotting a figure kneeling down. Grotesque eating sounds could be heard. I slowly stepped closer, careful not to make a sound. Once I was close enough, I peered over the figures shoulder. The figure had blood on its hands, a disemboweled corpse in front of it. It was eating the corpse, chewing on the flesh hungrily.

I stepped backwards, slipping on a small rock and falling on my back. The impact made a loud noise, alerting the person in front of me. They turned around, their eyes meeting mine. It was... Y/N? Well, he looked much different. He seemed to be decomposing, his face covered with blood which I assumed wasn't his. He stared at me intensely, before grabbing my arm and biting it. It didn't hurt, and he was surprised at how my "flesh" felt. He blinked for a few seconds, his eyes lighting up. "John?" He asked in a raspy voice.