You're kidding

Nadine sent down one of the guards to get me

Two of them, both on either side of me, follow me as I walk up to her office.

I knock on the large double doors and she opens them up.

"Halston, hello." She greats calmly, as if she doesn't kidnap kids and force them to become killers.

She walks over to her desk and I follow her, looking around the office like normal.

It's all concrete and tile like the room but it's very large and she has a giant desk with a very comfortable looking chair.

She has a couch and tv in here along with some book shelves and paintings.

She also has a giant screen on one of the walls, telling her about all of her operations and showing the security footage inside the facility.

She looks at me and points to the mini table by her desk.

I take out the four knives from my suit in the stomach area before taking out two more from my sleeves and four more from my boots. I take off my earrings and put them down carefully so they don't turn on and then I take out my gun from the back of my suit and set it on the table. Then I take out the clip from my hair that's actually a knife. Then I take off the bracelet from under my suits sleeve and take off my hidden necklace.

Once I'm out of weapons she motions for me to sit on the seat in front of her desk.

She sits down, her calm face never turning to anything else.

It's unnerving, how she's always so calm.

Even when you're in trouble, she's so utterly calm.

She hands me a folder and I open it, looking through the case.

"I need you to kill this man. You'll be going on your own though, Audrey won't be joining you. However, there is something you should be aware of." She explains.

I look up at her, confused.

"This man," she starts, folding her hands. "He is, how do I put this, difficult to find. There are four people who know where he is. You'll have to get the information out of them." She keeps explaining, but leaving out details.

She takes back the folder and sets it in the drawer of her desk.

I notice her eyeing something behind me and I turn around and see the guards moving in order to block the exit.

"You're going to have to get the information out of the Tames family." She finally tells me.

My blood freezes and my heartbeat speeds up.

The Tames family.

They used to be my family.

Sort of.