That voice

"Look at my little nephew!" I gush lovingly as I take Lukas from Lyric's arms

I love holding babies.

Francis and Lyric decided to get a surrogate so they could have a baby.

Now they have Lukas, their adorable son who looks so much like his father.

Lyric and Francis found someone who looked a lot like Lyric so they'd share some similarities as well, and they do.

We're having a little family get together today, even though we still all get a weird feeling because of five years ago.

But the more we have them the more the weird feeling goes away.

My smile turns into a frown as I think about that day and how Halston got killed.

We've been searching for years but one of our men came back and said they found a significant amount of blood that matches Halston's dna.

Meaning she's dead.

We all mourned her for a long time. It's better now, but I still miss the girl who was like a daughter to me.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look over to see Camden, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I miss her too." He whispers to me and I blink away my tears before they have the chance to fall.

Francis takes Lukas from my arms when he sees Hadley running up to me.

I smile widely at her and she jumps up on me, tackling me in a hug while we both laugh.

"How's my girl doing?" I ask her when we pull away, though she's still on my lap.

"Great! Mommy and daddy bought me a new toy, but I had to leave it at home." She tells me.

I see Willow walk in and we smile at each other.

"I said I didn't wanna leave my toy but they told me that our entire family would be here and I wanted to see my favorite aunt ena!" Hadley tells me, not pronouncing my name correctly.

I laugh and hug her again, Willow sitting down next to me while Hadley jumps down and runs to go play with Bentley.

I can't help but think back to her words. "Our entire family" but it's not our entire family.

"Aren't kids just great?" Willow asks as we see Hadley and Bentley chasing each other with sticks from the backyard.

I snort and shake my head. "Oh yeah, they're just the best." I joke, but I do mean it.

My kids are my world. I'd do anything for them.

Lukas is asleep in Lyric's arms while Frankie is playing toys with Naomi and Madden.

"It's so different. Not living in the same house anymore." I admit after a while of watching the kids play.

"It is. But it's safer this way, safer for our family." Willow reminds me and I just nod.

After everything happened we agreed we should live in separate houses so nothing like that can happen to everyone at the same time again.

Tyler was the first to move out. He left the country and is living somewhere in London. He couldn't get past losing Connie and he needed change. He talks to us every now and then but we haven't seen him in two or three years.

Then it was Willow and Everett who moved out, into a nice house that was about the size of this one.

Sebastian and Francis live together, along with Lyric and Peyton of course.

They live in a big house so they don't see each other much because they basically live in a castle.

But they like the comfort of knowing they're in the same house, of knowing the other isn't missing or dying.

I guess it's a twin thing.

We've all gotten successful jobs too.

Cam and I run our special business, along with Everett and Willow.

The four of us run it and the others are still apart of it but it's not their main job.

Francis is the ceo of Tames Atlantic.

Camden was running it a long time because of his father but he wanted to take a step back when we had Bentley and Naomi.

He gave it to Francis and he happily accepted, wanting to take a step back from all the illegal business.

Sebastian owns a string of clubs around the world and it's very successful.

Lyric owns a very large string of restaurants all around the world.

Peyton owns many different dance studios and she really enjoys it.

Down in London, Tyler owns his own college that brings in a lot of money and he really likes helping people.

Mason and Alexia run their special business as well so that's their job, like Cam and I along with Willow and Everett.

We're all sitting in the living room while the kids are upstairs in the playroom.

Suddenly something is thrown through an open window and smoke starts flooding the room.

"Thena?" I hear Camden call out while Everett and Willow call for each other, same with everyone else.

"Camden?" I call back, trying to reach my arms out to see if I can find him.

I keep trying to find him, or anyone, but to no avail.

I can't see anything.

I hear a lot of shuffling and grunting before feeling my arms being pulled behind my back and tied.

The person pushes me to the floor, but for some reason they make sure I don't actually hit the floor and I really just sit down on it.

The person starts tying Camden and I's wrists together and I'm guessing they do the same with everyone else.

"Alright, here's what's gonna happen. You all are going to help me find someone. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I will. I only need Camden, Everett, Willow, and Athena. The others are just unfortunate bystanders." The person speaks and it's a female.

My breath hitches and so does Camdens.

I recognize that voice.

The smoke finally clears and everyone is now looking at Halston.

She's alive.

"Halston?" I ask, on the verge of tears.

She turns to me, her face blank.

"Athena." She responds coldly.

—————————————————————————-

Well, that happened.

I know not a lot has changed so far but I'm hoping you're enjoying the changes I have made 😁

Thank you everyone so so much for reading <3