Tres

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Everyone stared at (Y/N) and Kobeni in shock.

Arai: They went down the stairs... H-How did they get up here?

Kobeni: I-I-I don't... know...

Himeno: This isn't good.

Denji: Maybe the stairs are backwards, and if you go down the stairs you end up, and if you go up the stairs you end down.

(Y/N): Wot?

Aki: Denji, shut up.

Kobeni turned and went up the stairs. When she passed the corner, she saw the group.

Kobeni: Huh? Huh? Huh?

(Y/N) walked down the stairs next to Aki and Himeno.

Himeno: (Y/N), make double peace signs and stay completely still.

(Y/N): Uh, okay.

He make peace signs with both of his hands as Himeno ran downstairs... only to appear on the upper stairway.

Himeno: Ohhhh boy...

Kobeni: Huuuh?! Huh? Huh? Huh?!

(Y/N): What the hell is this?

Aki: Probably a devil's power...

Aki made (Y/N) stay there as he opened a door into one of the rooms. He then opened the window which revealed another room. He went through it and opened the door, revealing (Y/N) still making peace signs.

Denji: Hey! None of the windows lead outside! They're all connected to the rooms on the opposite side!!

(Y/N): Damn. So we're stuck on the 8th floor...

...

The group was now staying in one of the hotel room. Denji was lying in one of the beds, while (Y/N) sat against the wall, trying not to freak out.

Himeno was smoking, Kobeni was sitting on the other bed, and Power was sitting on the bed Denji was in.

Aki and Arai stood next to Himeno.

Aki: Here's the rundown of our situation. No matter how many stairs we climb up or down from the 8th floor stairway, we always end up on the 8th floor. It's likely the handiwork of a devil. We can't use the elevators for some reason. We can't get outside through the rooms or windows. We tried to climb up through the ceiling, but the 8th floor was above that too.

Denji: Isn't it cuz Power went and killed that devil? I bet that devil used its power to trap us in here, and then it died without turning it off!

Power: You said kill it!

Denji: Did not!

Aki: Devils' powers are undone when they die, so that's impossible.

Himeno: Aki, any movement from the flesh piece?

Aki: About that, it completely stopped moving.

Himeno: So we walked straight into a trap, with that devil as bait. This is the first time I've had a devil try anything this tricky.

Arai: But when we don't come back, won't other Devil Hunters come to rescue us?