Dieciocho

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N) was in an empty void. The dead bodies of Himeno, Kurose, Michiko, his mother, and father surrounded him. Their bodies were chopped into pieces and blood was everywhere.

The (H/C)-ette was shaking and sobbing.

(Y/N): Please... Please, no...

A chopping sound was heard and the body of Aki fell to the ground in front of him. His body was in pieces as well.

(Y/N): NOOOOO!!!

Standing over the body of Aki was the Darkness Devil. It slowly moved over to (Y/N).

(Y/N): <sobbing> No... No...

The Darkness Devil held out one of its arms and (Y/N)'s body was cut into pieces.

...

(Y/N) shot up from his bed, wincing in pain. He was panting heavily and sweating.

He was shirtless but his torso was wrapped with bandages over the slash wound he received from the Eagle Devil.

His arms had been properly reattached, but they still felt weird.

(Y/N) looked around his room. It was morning. He sighed in relief.

He laid back down on the bed, trying to get into a position where his back didn't hurt.

The light was on. He couldn't sleep without a light on now, which unfortunately meant that he didn't get a lot of sleep now. Plus, he had nightmares of the Darkness Devil.

About a week had passed since the whole incident, and yet the image of everyone dying around him was etched into his mind.

He hadn't been able to go to work either. Mr. Teuchi was very understanding, even if he didn't know most of the details of the incident. All he knew was that (Y/N) had been kidnapped by his parents and then got caught up in a battle between skilled Devil Hunters.

When (Y/N) had first woken up, Aki had rushed into his hospital room, hugging him tightly, much to the worry of the doctors and nurses.

It had slightly hurt (Y/N), but he hugged Aki back. That's when he realized that Aki only had one arm. They had only been able to reattach one of Aki's arms.

(Y/N) had cried because of that. In fact, he found himself crying over lots of things now. Kurose and Tendo's deaths, his killing of his father, his mother being vertically cut in half in front of him, the Darkness Devil in general... He had also cried in relief at Aki, Denji, and Power's survival.

(Y/N) felt like he would never get over this whole thing. He felt like he was just being weak, since it looked like Aki and especially Denji got over it extremely fast.

Power was constantly in fear of the Darkness Devil, which (Y/N) found relatable. He couldn't be in the dark anymore. He was scared that the Darkness Devil would emerge and kill him.

It sounded like a dumb childish fear, but (Y/N) couldn't help himself. He hated feeling so weak and helpless.

...

(Y/N) and Aki were making dinner at the latter's apartment. Power was clinging to Denji, while Meowy clung to her.

Aki: You feeling any better, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I... I think I've finally accepted that Yutaro and Michiko are gone... Mostly because everything else that happened after that overshadows it...