Catorce

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Aki sighed as he sat on his bed. (Y/N) was lying beside him, asleep. He had been crying all night.

The younger male had let him stay the night since they both knew he couldn't drive home. Last night was really bad.

Breaking the news to (Y/N) was already bad enough, but seeing his reaction was heartbreaking.

A tiny silver lining to it was that Kurose had survived, though he was injured. That had comforted (Y/N) a little bit, but he was still very much upset at Tendo's death.

Apparently, the two had been driving to Tokyo with Mr. Subaru in tow when they had been ambushed by a group of assassins. Tendo and Subaru were shot down by gunfire, but Kurose had managed to drive away.

Now this morning, Denji and his protectors were going to meet the Violence Fiend and Kobeni who had helped sneak Kurose out of the hospital. He still wanted to help guard Denji from other assassins, which concerned Aki.

(Y/N) stirred beside him. He opened his eyes, which were red.

Aki: Hey.

(Y/N): H-Hi...

Aki: You feeling okay?

Well, that was a dumb questions. Of course he wasn't feeling okay.

(Y/N) let out a broken chuckle and shook his head.

(Y/N): No... Sorry for last night. I sort of ruined the mood.

Aki: No, anyone would've acted that way if they heard news like that. Even Denji and Power understand. Well, Denji at least.

(Y/N): It's just... I thought I had finally gotten over Himeno's death... Well, at least I accepted it and was starting to move on... But then this happens...

Aki: I'm sorry, (Y/N).

He laid back down, putting his head on the older male's shoulder.

Aki: We're going to go meet Kurose. You wanna come with? You don't have to if—

(Y/N): <interrupting> No, I'll go. I want to see him. He's probably hurting as much as I am, although he'll probably be better at hiding it, being a Devil Hunter and all.

Aki felt arms being wrapped around his waist. He blushed a bit but didn't move.

(Y/N): Sorry if this is uncomfortable.

Aki: No, it's fine. Stay like this.

(Y/N) softly smiled when he felt the younger male nuzzling into his neck. He needed this comfort.

...

The (H/C)-ette walked with the rest of Denji's guardians and Power. A car was parked up ahead.

Kobeni, the Violence Fiend, and Kurose stepped out. The black haired male had a bandage around his forehead. He was looking down.

Violence: Hey! How are ya?

Aki looked at Kurose.

Aki: Kurose. It's been a while. We heard what happened to Tendo and Subaru... You don't need to push yourself to join this mission. That's the word from Miss Makima. I agree with her. You ought to rest and recuperate.

Kurose: I begged Higashiyama and her buddy to help me slip out of the hospital to be here. I want to avenge my friends. I have to. Please!

Aki: I know how you feel, but...