Once

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name (First)
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(H/L): Hair Length
(S/C): Skin Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Aki woke up with his head on (Y/N)'s chest. He yawned and started unconsciously nuzzling into it.

Goku trotted over to the bed and started barking.

This caused both Aki and (Y/N) to shoot up, startled by the noise.

(Y/N): Oh, Jesus, it's just Goku.

Aki: Why the hell is he barking?

(Y/N): He's probably hungry. I'll go make some breakfast.

Aki nodded and watched as (Y/N) and Goku left the room.

The black haired boy laid back down on the bed. He felt cold without the other male's warmth next to him.

Okay, there's no doubt about it. Aki definitely has a huge crush on (Y/N). Even when he admitted it out loud to Himeno, he kept trying to tell himself that it was just a little infatuation. Yeah, that was it... Bleh...

Aki hated feeling this way. He knew that there was no good outcome to any of this. He didn't have long to live. If he got into a relationship with (Y/N) (assuming that the male accepted him), it would only hurt the older male more when he did die.

He thought about Kurose's words. Maybe it would be best to leave Public Safety and try to live out his last couple of years with (Y/N), either as friends or something closer.

But then the memory of his family's death crept back into his mind. The anger... The hurt... The need to avenge them... Not just them, but the ones (Y/N) had lost to.

He had to fight the Gun Devil, and try to kill it. If he didn't, what would happen if it showed up again? Would (Y/N) be in the new long list of casualties?

The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen is (Y/N) gets killed. Aki could not afford to let that happen, even if he dies in the process. (Y/N) would be hurting, yes, but at least he would be alive... But would that be worse than dying? No, he had Kurose and Tendo still.

Aki's train of thought was broken when he heard the sound of (Y/N)'s voice.

(Y/N): Oh. If you want to sleep some more, you can. I just wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready.

Aki: No, I'll come eat.

The two boys sat at the table eating the eggs that (Y/N) had cooked.

(Y/N): Are you busy today?

Aki: Mm... The Angel Devil and I were going to go look for more devils with pieces of the Gun Devil.

(Y/N): I see. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the festival today with me.

Aki: <blushing> Y-You mean... just us?

(Y/N): <smirking> I mean, yeah. But that's only if you want to go.

Aki: No, I want to go. The only thing is I'll probably have to take the Angel Devil with me.

(Y/N): That's fine. It'll be fun.

Aki suddenly remembered something.

Aki: Oh, but you should also know that I volunteered to help train some guys in Division 2. Other Devil Hunters. Rookies, kind of.

(Y/N): What time do you have to do that?

Aki: Not until the evening. So we still have time.