𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐞

/𝖓𝖞𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖕𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖆/

☜𝙏𝙍𝙀𝙄 ☞

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ A week had passed since the event that transcribed with Rowan dying and Wednesday searching for a reason as to why she was the reason for Nevermores Demise.

Wednesday had dragged both Sylvia and Thingalong in the schools library as an extra set of eyes and hands as she was forced to find a purple book that in Wednesday's words claimed looked like a day's contusion.

Thing's presence added an unusual touch to their search, his tiny, mysterious self darting about as he scoured the shelves.

During their look, they accidentally stumbled on a few vampires fanging. Sylvia didn't know much of Wednesday but for Sylvia that had ruined her day completely.

"Have you found anything?" Wednesday went on her tippy toes as her eyes peaked over Sylvia's shoulder. Sylvia closed the book she had been examining and shook her head in disappointment. "This is just a physics book."

Wednesday hummed bringing the paper out of her pocket "Keep an eye out for this mark." She pointed to the mark

Sylvia nodded her head but instantly turned her head around when the door creaked and Ms. Thornhill appeared "I don't usually find students in here looking for actual books."

Wednesday folded her paper eying the teacher as she walked towards them. Sylvia blushed stepping away from Wednesday 

"Most sneak in to make out."

"We accidentally walked into two vampires fanging. I can't unsee that." Wednesday said, Sylvia nodded her head a sour smile distinct on her face

Ms. Thornhill coughed "Is there anything I can be of help with?" 

Wednesday turned to Sylvia, unsure of whether to trust her. Sylvia, with her nonchalant demeanor, shrugged her shoulders, leaving the decision up to Wednesday. Taking it as a cue, Wednesday decided to share the paper with Ms. Thornhill, holding it out for the teacher to see.

"This mark, are you familiar with it?" Wednesday inquired.

Ms. Thornhill squinted, adjusting her glasses on her nose as she examined the symbol presented to her. After a moment of scrutiny, she replied, "This is an old symbol of a secret student society, the Nightshades."

"Like the flower," Wednesday mused, her eyes capturing Sylvia's momentarily. However, Sylvia quickly averted her gaze, faking disinterest.

"Color me intrigued," Sylvia hummed1.