06

September 8th 

From the very first time that I heard my babies crying in the delivery room, I have felt an almost obsessive, all consuming, intense, undying love for both little girls

The kind of love that I feel towards Rory and Nola is unlike anything I have ever felt before and unlike anything that I will ever feel again.

My dad once said that having a child is like having your heart physically ripped from your chest only to have it wandering out in the world without any protection. I never understood that phrase until the girls were born.

Then suddenly it all made sense.

A baby's cry can be abrasive and annoying. A baby's cry can drive you insane when you hear it for long enough but Rory's cry filled the operating room and I swear that my ears pricked with joy that hasn't stopped since then.

Next came Nola. Her cry was higher pitch and would be classed as even more deafening but somehow it made the size of my heart double in two.

The day that they both came into the world, October 30th, was the best day of my life. Since that day, everything has revolved entirely around them.

That day was the day that it all made sense to me. Everything leading up to that point was all for the moment that my mother stroked my hair back while I lay on the operating table and heard the sound of my two children crying filled the room. Tears tumbled down my cheeks and I just knew.

I knew that was the moment.

Loving a child is an odd experience.

You don't think there is enough love inside you for it but there is. And when you have two children that love is doubled in size and spreads across two little souls. You would think that it is split between the two of them, but it isn't. If anything it doubles and keeps growing as they grow older.

The day those angels came to me eartside up, they changed everything for me. Which is why I will do everything and anything for them now; including getting them a house in whatever means necessary.

If I have to fake being this random man's wife in exchange for a home for the girls, I will do it no matter how weird or bizarre or downright insane it may be.

Our hand shakes in agreement, his cold one connecting with my clammy skin as we shake on the deal. Harry lets go at my hand and feathers a frail kiss to the side of Amos' head while closing his eyes.

"Harry?"

He opens his eyes, still resting his cheek against the fuzzy top of Amos'

"Yes, sunshine?" Despite me just telling him my actual name, he calls me by his nickname.

My eyes flick up to his messy hair, clamping my lips shut so that I don't burst out laughing at the sight of him with my daughter's bows tangled throughout his chestnut hair. I am meant to be annoyed at him right now and that's a hard feat when he looks like a unicorn has thrown up on his head.