20

this is a double update so read 19 FIRST or this won't make a whole lot of sense :)

September 25th

"Come on then, peanut

"Come on then, peanut. Let's get your dressing gown on."

Holding the fuzzy yellow dressing gown open like a jacket, I wait by the girl's bedroom door with a small yet uncomfortable smile on my face.

"Why?"

"You're going to have a sleepover at your grandma's and grandpa's. Doesn't that sound cool?"

"Who is grandma and grandpa?" She asks innocently while looping her arms into her dressing gown.

She spins to me as I tie it around her waist in a little bow to keep her warm.

"What do you call Mumma's mum?"

"Mimi?" She questions tilting her head with a smile. "We going to see Mimi and Pops?"

"Yeah!" I click my fingers with recognition when she tells me what she and her sister refer to their grandparents as. "Mimi and Pops!"

"I love Mimi and Pops!" She mumbles, standing on the spot while I dig around the wardrobe for Nola's dressing gown.

I smile. "I know you do, sweet girl."

"Nolee coming as well?"

"Of course."

She nods and sits down on her bed while watching me root around their room to find clothes for them.

"Why you wearing that?"

Her eyes rake down the baby blue long sleeve shirt that is covered by a loose black blazer. I can understand why because it is unusual to see me in something so formal but while I took the first shift in my bedroom to get changed, Sunday is taking the second.

She is changing into formal attire; at the request of my parents for this stupid fucking restaurant.

"Well, Mumma and I have to go and have some dinner with my parents in the city which is why you're  having a sleepover at Mimi and Pops' house tonight."

"Oh." She whispers. "I can't come?"

My heart shatters and I solemnly shake my head in disagreement. "No, peanut. I'm sorry. You've got to stay with Mimi, Pops, Nola and Amos tonight."

"Mosi is coming?"

"Yeah." I nod.

I feel sick to my stomach about leaving Amos overnight without me. I've never left him in the whole month he has been alive and so I feel a little apprehensive. I don't know how to deal with the guilt that I feel leaving him without his one parent at night.

There is a part of me that feels like I shouldn't be being selfish and leaving him with Sunday's parents. I don't want to feel like I am palming my kid off onto someone else all while I wine and dine with my shitty parents who don't give a flying fuck about me.