23

September 26th

Game over.

I lose.

I am falling for Sunday Jones.

She sleeps beside me, her hair ruffled on the pillow around her while this golden glow seeps from every insignificant pore on her skin. Her lips are still stained red with a soft smear trickling around the edges from last night.

Last fucking night.

She kissed me.

I kissed her.

But the only thing that keeps running through my head is that she was borderline drunk. Her mind was probably enticing her to do things that she shouldn't have been.

Rolling over, Sunny's arms stretch above her head and she groans a tad. Her blue eyes flutter open, long wispy eyelashes flapping like butterfly wings.

"Morning, Sunshine."

"Mmm... hi." She whispers flashing me a small smile, rolling herself further into the pillow.

I grin at her, sitting up so that my back rests against the headboard.

"Good sleep?"

She nods, smiling into the pillow as a grin overtakes her stained lips.

God, I miss the feeling of them already.

"The best sleep." Her eyes flick up to mine and I can tell that she remembers what the hell happened between us last night.

This morning there is a nervous energy, a kind of buzz that vibrates between us and rattles our bones but in the best way possible. The type of warmth and comfort that feels like it has been there from the beginning of time.

I scratch the back of my head, running my hand back through my hair that most definitely needs to be washed. Her eyes are watching me, tracing the movement of my hand that slides back through the thick curls I have always possessed.

"Look, uh-" I fall short, not knowing how to bring up last night in case she is blissfully unaware of what went down. "-Do you remember what happened last night?"

"I kissed you."

I nod, looking down on at her while trying to read her reaction. There is no trace of regret marked on her face but at the same time, I can't be too sure.

"Yeah." I agree, knowing that just because Sunny remembers doesn't mean that she enjoyed it. She could have hated every second of it. "Do you..."

"Do I regret it?"

I reluctantly nod, Sunday robbing the very question from my mouth. I don't think I want to know the answer yet but when she blushes and rolls her face into the white pillow completely disguising herself from me, I think I have worked it out.