32

October 24th

"How the fuck do I-?" I mumble to myself, fighting with the random sheet of fabric that I am supposed to tie around myself

"How the fuck do I-?" I mumble to myself, fighting with the random sheet of fabric that I am supposed to tie around myself. "What the hell?"

Looking down at Amos who is still sitting snugly in his car seat, I frown at him and then glance back to the dark grey material in my hands that's awkwardly half wrapped around my body.

"I've got more hope of getting my mother's approval than figuring out how the hell this shit show works." I grunt while staring up at the sky while searching for the will to live. "How did mumma manage to make this look so easy, huh?"

He blinks at me, suckling on his dummy with a cute little sound.

"She wrapped it around herself in seconds and then just shoved you in there. I can't even figure out where the hell the start is?"

Mumbling to myself, I am just about to scream when Amos starts to smile at me, his dummy falling from his mouth as he loses his grip on it.

"Oh, hey, smiley boy." I whisper, bending over to crane my top half into the backseat of the car to get a better view of his little grin. "Are you happy?"

Stroking my knuckle down the side of his cheek, I can't help but copy his grin. Everytime in the last nearly two weeks that he has been smiling, I have been grinning like a madman. I can't not smile when I see his little cheeks pull up into a beaming grin that melts my insides.

"You're so fucking cute, you know that?" I whisper admiring him.

From the corner of my eye, I spot the clock on the dashboard displaying the time.

"Fuck!"

Lunging forward, I start to unbuckle Mosi hastily and Haul him into my arms.

"Going to be late picking up the girls." I grunt to myself as I try to unwind my body from the mess of fabric that is supposed to be a form of baby wearing. "The first fucking time that I am trusted to get them on my own and I am late... Harry, I swear to god you're such a twat sometimes."

Shoving the fabric back into the car, I loop the end of Amos' dummy onto my finger, holding him tightly in my arms and slamming the car door shut with my hip.

Rushing from the parking lot, I perform an awkward looking jog/run to get me outside of the girls' Pre-K classroom.

I have been here with Sunny to get them a couple of times now so I know what direction I am headed in. She had told me this morning that she's talked to the girls' teacher and given them permission to release the girls to me at the end of the day which is such a huge step for us.

I couldn't quite believe it when she told me that she needed me to pick them up tonight because her shift overlapped. Normally she would ask her parents or Roe and Ingrid but my heart swells knowing she trusts me enough to have them.