44

TW- very brief mentions of rape, mental health crisis and suicide attempts AND talks of abortion// termination of pregnancy 

otherwise this is a happy chapter <3 

thank you for sticking with me through the sadness. how lets heal these precious characters <3

December 10th

//one month later//

//one month later//

"Here comes the sun... do do do do,"

I press a kiss on the top of Amos' head before continuing to hum the song under my breath to him.

"Here comes the sun and I say... it's alright,"

Leaning against the side of my car and waiting for Sunday to come out of the bricked building like every week on a Wednesday lunchtime.

"Little darling..." I bop his nose while singing his nickname. "It's been a long, cold, lonely winter..."

Mosi blinks up at me, his lips slowly spreading into a smile at the sound of my voice. We've realised that he smiles a lot more at the sound of my voice just like he does with Sunday and now Nola as well.

"Little darling... it feels like years since it's been here..."

The fresh air outside is a welcome relief to the stuffy car that we were waiting in. This morning has been a busy one, I dropped Sunday off before taking the girls to school with Mosi. Then me and my little guy went and grabbed Moon some more food from the pet store before speeding back here to pick Sunday up from her appointment.

But while I am always early for everything, Sunday is typically late which is why I am not surprised that the time shows seven minutes past eleven and she's still not out of the building.

"Where's mumma, huh?" I whisper, kissing Mosi's temple again and swaying the two of us back and forth as I adjust the small beanie on his head to cover his ears.

Sunday had dressed him in a little pair of dungarees that matched the ones she was wearing this morning.

In fact, all of them were wearing dungarees in some capacity.

Sunny was wearing a looser pair of dungarees with a simple white t-shirt underneath. Mosi was in something very similar but his white baby grow underneath was long-sleeved and had small cars printed on it. The twins were wearing matching pink dungarees that make them look like the sweetest little things ever.

"Here comes the sun... do do do do,"

The sound of the automatic doors sliding open catches my attention so I look up from admiring Amos and stare at the small smile twitching on Sunday's lips when she sees me and Mosi waiting for her by the car in the parking lot.