48

February 20th

//nearly 19 weeks pregnant//

There are some people who are in love with the sky. No matter the day or the weather, they'll still gaze up at its beauty.

Then there are people that the sky is in love with.

Sunday Jones is one of those people.

She is made of all the things that she loves.

Sunshine.

Moonlight.

Stardust.

She is all of it, over and over.

Compressed in one ball of radiance, Sunny is everything wrapped up in one.

She is like this supernova of a person, a wonderful explosion of brightly coloured stardust that catapults around our solar system and splatters everything in sight with a glow that could never be recreated.

Right now, as I turn my head and watch her slowly walk down the navy blue aisle of Roe and Ingrid's wedding venue, I feel my lips pulling into a smile.

There is just this magnetic pull that forces everyone in the room to lock their eyes on her and never remove them. She has this certain something that just captivates everyone who lays eyes on her. A magnetism that has everyone, including me, in this tight chokehold.

When I look at Sunday, sometimes I think that she could literally be the sunshine. She could be the soul that has descended from the blazing ball of light and transported down to earth for me. Maybe the universe knew that I needed some of that bright sunny light in my life.

Maybe they knew that I was slipping into a forever winter filled with deep darkness.

Either way, as she holds the bouquet of flowers in front of her belly, she steps slowly down the aisle with her smile transfixed ahead of her.

Rory and Nola have already walked down the aisle with Amos being held by one of the other bridesmaids as they all wear navy blue dresses. Sunny is the maid of honour and that is why she is walking last before Ingrid is given away by her father.

I grin wider as she walks closer to me, smirking now that she is near the front. In a matter of seconds, I know she will be seated beside me and I will feel my body relax once again.

As she gets beside me, I watch her scrunch her nose up in the cutest little smile ever. Her eyes squint shut as she grins and her freckles shine in the sun that is thankfully making an appearance through the stained glass windows of the church.

A kaleidoscope of colours trickles through the stained glass window, mottling on the side of Sunny's cheek and making her appear more like a piece of art than a person. The pink glow resting on her face makes my heart sing as she walks on by in her navy dress that has long sleeves and shows off baby Sunshine.