Rescue(2)

If I continue my path to the left, it will be a dead-end.
I run down the opposite pathway and am soon approached by two routes: Continue going straight or turn right.

If I turn right, there should be a guard stationed but...

I peek out and notice nobody.

The "right" route it is.

The prison has 5 levels. The first four levels are all prison cells and the last, deepest, level is a mine for the prisoners to work. Kate's cell is at the third.

*thud thud*

!

The staircase is in sight at the front but there are two more pathways to my left and right. I can hear footsteps approaching from the left.

Fight, hide, or flee?

I definitely cannot win if I fight. Flee isn't a good option, I'm very exhausted.

...

I attempt to hide by sticking my body to the left wall and squatting.

The orc, wearing full armour, walks into the intersection and looks to the right, immediately noticing me.

...Shit.

!!!

"H-Human?!"

I dive into a somersault across the orc and run to the staircase.

"Human stop!!" the orc says.

As if I will stop!!

I can travel to the third floor using this staircase but I need to shake the orc off.

I decided to stop at the second level. On the second level, there are miscellaneous rooms such as break rooms. I need to hide in one.

I run past another orc on the second level and now I have two pursuers.

Among the seemingly endless maze, I turn left and right, running with all my might.

*teet!*

!

My feet trip on something and I fall to the ground.

"Ack! Fuck!"

My legs are wobbling, I need to rest!!

Where? Where can I-

A brown door stands to the edge of my eye.

There!

I pull myself up and force my body to bash against the door. It reveals a room with only a table in the middle and some cabinets, opposite the entrance, is another blue door.

I slam the brown door shut and kick open the blue door pretending to escape from there. Afterwards, I squeeze myself into the fetid drawer.

*Thump!*

*thud thud thud*

The footsteps stop shortly after.

"Where is human?"
"You go left, I go right."

And the footsteps continue until they fade away.

...

Huff...

I don't even care about the smell, I just want to rest.

There is only one legitimate way to leave and enter the prison: through the castle.

All of the castle's guards are trolls and the king's executives are demons.

...

I sigh softly.