Final Push(2)

The giant approaches closer. We need to wait until it walks past us.

*BOOM!*

Each step uplifts an explosion of sand. All of us grip our weapons firmly, ready to charge towards our deaths.

As the titan advances, its shadow precedes it, elongating across the unforgiving terrain, stretching out like an ebony serpent and engulfing us.

However, the shadow stops and we no longer hear footsteps.

??

The colossal giant stops before our ambush point. It raises its feet high into the air and crashes down upon the ground.

*BOOOOOM!*

The cataclysmic impact shudders the desert floor, sending ripples of sandy shockwaves bursting.

Both hidden teams are swept along by the forces of nature, expelled away from the giant.

A block of mana used as a footing plunges me back to the ground.

How did it find us?

"Damn it! Plan B!" Melissa blurts out.

She immediately activates the turrets' abilities. The turrets, at their maximum level, are now metal towers with a roof over the archers. Slender slits are positioned along the outer walls for archers to shoot. Purplish armoured rangers wielding a cannon replace the black figures.

After activation, the cannons rapidly collect energy before blasting barrages of mana missiles at the giant, leaving trails of mystical power.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

Each impact explodes a massive mana cloud residue, disorienting the colossal creature. I take that chance to swoop in and cut a large slit at its left heel, causing it to stumble back.

The headless giant raises its arms, trying to block the attack. Audrey and her team attack at that moment, taking out the other heel and forcing the giant to its knees.

Melissa and Kasli immediately respond with their respective shots. Two powerful columns of blue mana zap the giant, emitting rings of shockwaves along its path and erupting upon contact. The blast knocks the giant back as its massive form crumbles into the sand.

Even without the sand clearing in the air, everyone instinctively feels the giant's rage. It's a failure.

"KKKKKKYYYYYARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" A piercing screech ejects from the headless giant, forcing everyone to cover their ears.

I can feel something rumbling beneath the sand.

In an instant, many blue tentacles spike from below and skewer one of us. His body pours blood down from the sky, spiraling in the air as the tentacle-like blue matter wiggles. We can only glance in shock and fear.

I clench my fist firmly, brows furrowed, and teeth gritted. This is the trait of the Cyclops giant. Why does this monster have it?!

"Kasli said nothing about this," says Leo.

The giant's body is unlike what Kasli mentioned. Many tentacle-like limbs stretch from the body, and the wound at its heel has regenerated. However, a small crack is present in the abdomen. The regenerative ability has swapped places.

"Fuck...nothing is going to plan," I mumble.

The giant picks itself up. All ranged shots are blocked or deflected by the tentacles.

I rapidly rack my brain for strategies until an aching headache hits. The hours of mental fatigue are catching up.

With a ringing pain in my head, I can only dodge the fierce attacks of the mysterious tentacle limbs. One limb sweeps overhead, and I duck. Another shoots out from the sand, which I barely avoid by sidestepping.