The Bottomless Mountain(2)

At the northwest of Clamore lies a wide and big mountain. The mountain has an entrance at the base. However, it is protected by many manpower. Watch towers, walls, and barriers are all erected around the mountain. Several infrastructures are constructed around the mountain, either as dormitories for the workers or research laboratories.

However, using the time lag during the change in shifts, I was able to sneak past all defences and reach the entrance of the mountain, it is spacious and tall.

As I walk deeper into the mountain, the rocky path narrows into a small platform. A warning sign protrudes from the ground. It reads: "Further exploration is prohibited for all personnel. Any infringement will be dealt with harshly."

The rocky platform extends to the other end of the mountain as a bridge. An orb artifact for surveillance is attached to the wall. I disable the artifact by cutting its flow of mana; My mana control once again improved from a year ago. That's how I was able to get past the barriers and detection spells.

From this point on, I enter a large space within the mountain. Above me is an infinite void of darkness, below me, a single lonely golden shrine lies on a pillar of stone. Around the shrine are bouquets and shards of red, green, and yellow crystal. Within the shrine is a small box wrapped in a talisman that lies on a small table. That is what I need.

Everything else below is a void again.

Unable to gauge how deep this hole is, the name of the mountain came about.

At the end of the bridge are fragments of descending staircase to the shrine, extending from the walls of the mountains.

Broken and old, the staircases engulf in dust.

I jump from one piece of stairs to another while partially lifting myself with mana as it is about to crumble.

The more I descend, the clearer an eerie deep echo becomes. It is breathing from a creature below.

Mana circulates my eyes to see better in the dark. The creature reveals itself: a long giant black centipede wrapping itself around the shrine pillar. The pace of breathing suggests it is sleeping.

-----------------
An enemy mini-boss has appeared!

Centipede Guardian

Strength:????
Weakness:???
Tribe: Ancient Gods

Level: 600

Hp: 5,000,000/5,000,000
Mana:  -

Atk: 400
Def: 3000
Dex: 100
Mag: -
Luck: -
-----------------
-----------------
A Side Mission has been created!

Kill the Centipede Guardian.

Reward:
1x High Origin pill
5,000,000 exp
-----------------

Good. The side mission showed up as expected.
Although the Centipede Guardian has a higher level than General Arctius, that is only due to its age and General Arctius can easily kill it. This creature has been around for many millennia according to what I read and is the last of its kind. Many theories stated that this centipede is tasked with protecting the shrine by a god and has been doing it ever since.

...

Unfortunately, due to limitations, I cannot kill it. At my current level, I will need a lot of time and space to kill it and I cannot let the local authorities know of my presence here.

Clamore is part of a land ruled by a viscount with strong manpower. I can agitate and lure the centipede out of the mountain for the viscount's army to kill but...many will die. (The quest did not specify who must kill the centipede)