Invasion(2)

It's a quiet anxious night. The remaining few in Chael take a shift to guard and rest in the city, soon to become a battlefield.

A young knight sighs, he can't sleep. An older warrior notices it and comforts him.

Among the hundred sleeping people, I walk and step past them.

A few raise their head to see me.

Lena is seen sleeping beside a cabin, wrapped in blankets beside a warm campfire.

I walk to her and give her shoulder a nudge.

"Ngh...?"

An eye still closed, Lena lifts her head. I place a book in her arms. "This for you," I say.

"Young...master?" She murmurs.

Lena rubs her eyes and inspects the foreign book. Once she flips the cover, a rush of knowledge and adrenaline consumes her existence.
She jolts up and drops the book, instantly awakening.

"What..."

She squats to grab the book and flips it once more. Her eyes are forthwith glued to the contents as a surge of mana gathers around her.
"Where did young master find this?" Lena thought out loud.

In the courtyard, Rena sits on the floor with her back against the wall. Her resting body hugs the sword usually on her waist.

I attempt to sneak up on her but she instantly draws her sword and points it at my neck. My hands shoot up into the sky.

"You...where have you been?"

"I notice a group of bandits with some treasures so I went after them," I reply.

Rena glances at my hand, noticing the light blue golden scabbard.

"It's a misunderstanding. Why would I attempt to kill you?"

"True, you are too weak." Rena agrees and puts her sword down.

---------------------------------
Rena Altos
Age: 21
Level: 50
Title: The Chosen One
Class: Knight

Hp: 30000/30000
Mana:200

Atk: 51(101)
Def: 61(76)
Dex:40
Mag:5
Luck:7

Skills:
[Active]
-Moonlight Swordsmanship(lvl 4)
-Battle Cry
-Adrenaline Frenzy
[Passive]
-Frugal Embodiment
-Iron Will

Favourability: -75
Altos Bloodline awakened
---------------------------------

This monster...she's two times stronger than before.

Her current sword is named Ace of Hunter and gives a whooping 50 attack stats and extra 10% Dexterity. If I am to convert a musket's power to an attack stat, it would be 2 to 1. Thus, my actual attack power is barely on par with Rena's.

"How was my gift?" I ask.

"..."

Rena clicks her tongue and sighs. "I don't know how you knew I needed it but...I owe you one."

!

It sounded forced but at least she said it. That's progress.

"Have you heard of Pharoh?" I lean against the wall and ask.

"The legendary mage of The Hero's expedition, yes."

"He was mainly renowned for his versatile talent. Wielding a grimoire and a sword, he can lavishly react to different situations albeit best at magic. He also holds the title of the best magic swordsman and this is his sword." I say.