Mixed Emotions

Ugh...my head...

Headache and nausea bombard my mind. Opening my eyes reveals a familiar ceiling. It's my room at Pole Ridge.

...

Memories of the past few days pour in. Although it feels natural, something is wrong.

!

"...That's right...I wanted to use another method since there was enough time." I mumble.

My alter ego took over...

Fuck! That guy takes over whenever he likes.

I clench my fist and stare at the ceiling. The faces of government personnel flash in my head.

They are humans like me...what gives me the right to use them as I see fit?

If possible, I wanted to avoid sacrificing innocent lives, not only for moral reasons but to avoid future troubles.

Revenge.

The truth will eventually spread to some people and I will be a target.

...

What did Flow mentioned? Two what?"

I get up and look at a mirror across the room.

...

Today is the day everyone gathers for a last meeting, consolidating everything before the end. My mother is here. Everyone is.

I concealed my identity to grow stronger and I achieved my goal. There is no longer a reason to be "Arsto".

Black pigments seep my hair strands, engulfing my hair.

"Phew...let's go."

*Tap Tap Tap*

Heads turn when they notice someone they don't recognise yet my sword tells otherwise.

"That's Arsto?"

"I-I think? But that appearance looks oddly familiar..."

My heart races as my gaze darts around. All eyes are on me, scrutinising my every move.

"Calm down, Samuel, calm down." I repeatedly chant.

Nervousness has taken hold of my existence.

I wonder what everyone will think? What should I say? What if things go wrong?

Constant questions clash.

Finally, I stand before the pair of large doors.

"Hoofff..." I let out a deep breath and push the door open.

"Arsto, you are late-"

!!!!!!!!

...

Silence. Eyes wide open, trying to process what they see.

Almost everyone close to me is here around the table. Jon, Kin, Alure, Aerin, Lia, and most importantly...

"S-Samuel!" My mother exclaims. Maile jolts up and stares at me from head to toe. When I smile gently, she bolts forward and throws a hug.

"Samuel! A-Are you okay? Hurt anywhere? Have you been eating well?" She inspects my body and face.

"Yes..." I return the hug firmly.

Time seems to slow down in our embrace. Waves of emotions surge over us, leaving only the profound connection of a mother and her son. My mother's tears flow down my shoulder yet I don't mind it one bit.