Blind Battle

"Don't move, directly behind us is a void of nothing. Five steps ahead of us is an edge." I say.

"Young master, are you able to see?" Radz asks.

"No. Listen carefully, what do you hear?"

*PzzzzztbsstttPZZZZTBEEEEEP*

An eerie, puzzling, static-like sound continuously echoes in the atmosphere.

"What's that...sound?" Lena mumbles, her body trembling.

I grab hold of their hands. "Trust me and we can get out of here. Move your feet softly, there's a...creature in the dark. Although it cannot hear or see, its sense of touch is greatly amplified."

I gulp in anxiety. "You do not want to anger that...thing."

"Wait, young master? H-How do you know where to go? W-We might fall into the void at any moment!" says Lena.

"Don't jinx it," I say. "The sound echoing is the map."

"What?" Both Radz and Lena blurt.

...

Even if I explain, they wouldn't understand. The weird noise playing in the background has zero decibels at several frequencies. Only by analysing the audio using modern technology, like a spectrogram, can one physically see a connection. It leads to several visible pathways and finally a map.

I see...this dungeon's purpose is to kill people without dirtying Elsa's hand, a lethal weapon indeed but not for me.

"Alright, let's move."

"W-Wait wait wait! How are you so sure of the path?" Lena exclaims.

"Do we have a choice? Do you want to stay in one spot and starve? The only way to avoid death is to move forward." I reply.

...

Lena continues to shiver in fear, gripping my hand tightly.
I do not blame her.

"Everyone, turn your body to the right, 90 degrees," I say.

They did as instructed.

"Afterwards, take 5 steps forward," I say. "Use me as a guideline, do not step past me."

I've done this dungeon so many times in the past 5 years, I naturally remember the layout by heart. The problem is what comes after.

The three of us slowly venture our way through the unforeseen. Several times, Lena almost fell to her death until I pull her back.

"A-Are we there yet?" Lena asks.

"You know how big a dungeon is," I reply.

It seems like we have been walking for an hour to Lena. In reality, it's only been 10 minutes.

"EEK?!" Lena suddenly screeches.

"What?" I say.

"S-S-Something touched my thigh...Something rough...and...long," says Lena.

...

Wording, please.

"Don't move and ignore it. Stay still no matter what." I say.

However, that's easier than said when you don't know what monster is crawling around your body.

Lena starts to sweat profusely, her teeth clattering, and she continuously swallows.

The mysterious entity stretches and wraps itself around Lena's body.

*Hisssssss*

"AH?!" She jolts when the entity hiss at her ears.