*+*CHAPTER 7 || A CALL FROM MANJIRO*+*

The first time L/n Y/n kissed Sano Manjiro, they were 13.

It was after an afternoon full of frenzies, just hours away from the new years riding on Mikeys motorbike for hours on end in the busy streets of Shibuya, teenage glee and youthful laughter being left behind in their place along with wide smiles stretching across their faces that it almost hurt.

Mikey drops her off at her place, exactly at 7, just like she said, a hug envoleping her frame as a goodbye and it just lingers for a tad bit too long for it to be normal and Mikey panics.

Mikey pulls away, a smile on his face like usual and he places his hands back onto his pockets, keeping himself in place and pretends that he doesn't see the small twinkle of adoration in her eyes.

Y/n shuffles queitly, ignoring the tiny hurt that bloomed itself into a flower in her chest and smiles, the stretch of it turning her eyes into lovely crescents.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n." Mikey says, waving the hand that holds his keys, a small totoro keychain dangling from one of the chains, a random gift given to him a month into their friendship.

She backs away a small distance, the low growls of the engines of his motorbike creating a small vibration beneath her feet and then Mikey prepares to head off, legs forming an arch on his knees to raise his legs.

Her smile falters the tiniest bit, a goodbye on the tip of her tongue but she calls out his nickname instead.

Mikey stops, the rumbling of his engine still turned on as he turns towards her, a questioning look being given to her despite his nonchalant facade. "Hm?"

Y/n beckoned him closer and Mikey follows, leaning in when she reaches for his cheeks, palms placed onto soft skin still full of baby fat.

The blonde gives her a confused look, brows furrowing the tiniest bit in a silent question before they widened in surprise.
His breath catches in his throat in a stuttered inhale when he feels soft lips coming into contact with the apples of his cheeks, it lingers there for a second then 2 before they parted from him.

Not really knowing how to react like the 13 year old he is, all he can do was stare back in awe, lashes fluttering atop his reddened cheeks.

She gave him a shy grin, hands folding behind her back as she gave him a loud goodbye before skittering away, almost tripping on a crack on the concrete ground, a small yelp leaving the very same lips that was just on his skin moments ago and she gave him a quick embarresed look over her shoulders before finally opening the door to her home.

Mikey swallows a gulp, a hand coming up to brush at the cheek she kissed, watching and staring as she gave him one final wave with a flutter of her fingers.

He huffs a breath, heart feeling like it was about to burst out of his chest in a flurry of confettis about to be flashed in front of his face in a sparkled celebratory victory.

Mikey slid his gaze to the ground, the hand on his cheek trailing to the lower half of his face to cover the prominent blush on his cheeks, a stuttered exhale leaving him in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Why would you do this to me?" He whispered to himself, voice just a shy away from a tremble.

---

Manjiro almost never calls.

Despite the both of them having saved their numbers on each others phones, the calls they have are few and far in between and it's usually her husband initiating them to tell her an urgent news.