*+*CHAPTER 11 || LOVERS*+*

Manjiro huffs, a somewhat amused smile playing at his lips as he gives his wife a once over in her place in front of the mirror, aggressively unpinning her hair down and letting them cascade to the sides of her face.

"What are you pouting for?" He asks, straightening his figure from where it was leaning against the doorframe before walking closer and leaning his hips on the armrests of the chair she sits on.

Y/n puffs her cheeks, a spluttering breath leaving her lips and she places the last pin on the table. "Nothing." She simply says, delicate fingers gripping her package containing her makeup wipes and proceeding to take out a single wet cloth.

An unconcinved hum leaves his throat, his middle bending forward so he'll be at a leveled ground with her and he meets her eyes. "You're upset about something. What is it?" The look present on his face making it clear that there is no room for her to be lying.

Not like she really planned to. This is Manjiro she's talking about, he'll find out either way.

Before the cold wipe could even make contact with her face, her hands simply dropped to her lap as her gaze turns to the side, lips puckered when she's put on the spot.

Manjiro takes jt upon himself to take the cloth from her hands, his own fingers gently grabbing at her chin so she can face him properly. "Come on now, tell me what you're thinking about." He cooed, before starting to cleanse the canvas that is her face from the paint that stains it.

Lashes fluttering, a humming croon leaves her lips in content, the sound gentle and soothing against Manjiros ears and he knows he's got her right where he wants.
A single hand rides up, warm fingers gripping into cold wrists and a thumb finds a pulsing vein before she melts into his hold like putty.

She doesn't say anything for a while, simply taking in and enjoying the domesticity that the man she married can carry despite his ruthless self outside of their home.

"It's Takemichi." The name leaves her lips and Manjiro paused his ministrations for a brief moment.

"Yeah?" He mutters softly, an indication for her to continue when she fades away at the feeling of his calloused fingers caressing at her cheeks.

"Hm, he's back, Manjiro." A muttered whisper hangs in the air surrounding the two lovers.

"Today? During the ceremony?" He question curiously, his thumb brushing against long lashes when they closed with a fluttering sigh.

Manjiro knew the due date was close but he didn't know it was today, of all days.

It seems just like the timetraveler to show up with such a grand entrance.

"At the start of the reception." Y/n specified, placing a quick kiss to the thumb that slid pass her lips like a fleeting tease.

"And you're upset about that because?..." He trails off, muttering inchoherently when her mascara smudged underneath her underlashes.

Another pause and Manjiro lets his eyes meet her gaze.

"Y/n."

"He... he didn't recognize me, Manjiro." She finally spilled, a small tremble to her lips that the white haired man kissed away with his own, an attempt to comfort her from her troubled self.

"I forgot that I didn't get to meet the Takemichi that you did." She tell him, hands letting go of his wrists and wrapping them around his waist, fingers clutching at his night shirt, kneading the fabric like a kitten making biscuits.