*+*CHAPTER 17 || AGITATION*+*

Sano Manjiro knew his goddamn executives were imbeciles (he means this very lovingly might he add) but he didn't think they were this dumb.

Of all people, he expected there to be standing in front of him in the middle of this blessedly peaceful night that he was currently trying to enjoy having to actually sleep in was Kokonoi fucking Hajime. Was there a possibility that he was going to be here tonight? No, because obviously he expected better from the only other person he considered sane enough not to do so.

The bastard sheepishly smiles back at him like he doesn't understand how he got to this point either. Mikey intakes a sharp breath, lips forming a tight lipped smile as he stares down the dishevelled white haired man with tired but frustrated eyes.

"Hey boss." The little shitheel waves at him, like he didn't just ruin his night's sleep. Apparently, he placed him on too high of a pedestal because no executive of  his should think it's alright to interrupt his time with his family (said family is asleep but whatever. Mikey considers sleeping as family bonding like any other even though he's been shit at getting them for the past decade).

Mikey let's his tongue click against the roof of his mouth. "What are you doing here, Kokonoi? Because as much as I'd like to be having this conversation with you right now, I still have this thing called 'sleep' to get back to."

Kokonoi winces at the sour tone his boss uses at him, which he knows he kind of deserves but hey, he's got real good reasons to be here, alright? He's not some Sanzu that turns up because his boss and his wife don't pick up his calls for a day. He tells his higher up as such with barely contained nerves.

Mikey only blinks and squint at him. "And what exactly is this thing that was so important you had to wake me up at—" he glances down at the phone clutched on his hand "—3 in the morning for?" He shoves the device in his pajama pockets and leans against his gigantic doorway. Pursing his lips, Mikey shoves a yawn down his throat and suppresses the jitters that travelled up his spine at coldness that breezes through him.

Kokonoi eyes the half lidded gaze trained on him, blinking sluggishly as he waits impatiently. Yikes, Kokonoi thinks he's messed badly this time, even more than when Ran sold out their location at that one meeting a few years ago. They had to deal with a homicide-driven Mikey after it was all over. He scrunches his face at that, he does not want to go through that again.

"I got a hold of Nirvana." He watches as that perks up his boss' attention, stare settling into that familiar intensity as he urged him to continue. "They agreed to a meeting and uh—" He pauses as he thinks about what to say next. He guesses he won't be very pleased about what he hears.

Mikey furrows his brows at his hesitance. "And?" When he still doesn't answer, he prompts with an unimpressed look. "Kokonoi, whatever it is you're about to say can't possibly make this night any worse than it already is so out with it already, please." Oh, he's in for a surprise now.

"They agreed to it but the only schedule available for them is tonight and some other day in the next month or 2." The thing is, the next month's wouldn't be a problem usually, but seeing as how this involves his boss' family, Kokonoi knows there wouldn't be any other option other than the one tonight. Kokonoi shoulve have brought it up in the first place.

Mikey smiles bitterly, all sharp and teeth. "I stand corrected." He muttered under his breath as he glares heated at the tiled floor like it insulted his entire family lineage.
A sigh leaves his lips and he straightens. "Well, we shouldn't keep them waiting then." He jerks his head towards his living quarters to invite his executive inside. "We'll go after I change so make yourself at home in the meantime."